The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Jasper's diary

Discussion in 'Dog Diaries' started by JudyN, Nov 29, 2017.

1. JudyN

JudyN Moderator Moderator Registered

Jasper chose to go to the woods today, somewhere we haven't been for months as it's a relatively long walk for him. too long, really, but he was keen, and if he had a bucket list the woods would be on it. 24 acres of stunning woodland, with a couple of fields, a stream and a few ponds, and even a badger sett to (carefully) sniff around. The colours of the trees and fallen leaves were stunning, it was a sight for sore eyes, and my photo doesn't do it justice at all.

[​IMG]

It'd be nice to think he'll be so tired out he won't cry and bark till 1am, but I'm not counting on it:confused: I have an Adaptil diffuser on order...

Finsky, Flobo, RGC and 1 other person like this.
  2. Hemlock

Hemlock Well-Known Member Registered

What a lovely thing to do for him. I hope you each get a peaceful night from it.

arealhuman likes this.
  3. JudyN

Actually, we did:) Though I'm not sure how much that was to do with the long walk. You may remember I've posted about him getting iffy when Mr N gets up to go to bed (about an hour after I've gone). We never did manage to crack that, and since he's stopped sleeping well, he'd started to get unsettled soon after I'd gone to bed. So last night, I went to bed late and Mr N went to bed early, so we both went at the same time. There the walk did help, as J wasn't telling me it was my bedtime at 9.30pm, but he stayed settled all the way through and slept through till 6am.

So we'll carry on aiming to go to bed at the same time, which means Mr N can go through his normally triggering routine while J is in the garden, and see how we go. We need a fingers crossed smiley....

4. JudyN

Apparently it's not too cold to have a little snooze on your walk.... Not when you have rufty-tufty deerhound genes, anyway. He doesn't care that I'm a soft Southerner.
    Jasper.jpg

Flobo, Finsky, arealhuman and 2 others like this.
  5. Hemlock

Hemlock Well-Known Member Registered

Ah, those Deerhound genes! He looks in super fettle. Credit to you.

6. JudyN

That's funny, Mr N said he looked like roadkill :D:D:D

Finsky likes this.
  7. RGC

RGC Active Member Registered

No, he’s sleeping the sleep of an innocent. Inspirational. A propos at nighttime, is he more relaxed?

8. JudyN

He's been up and down, but he's slept through the last couple of nights so hopefully, the meds, DAP diffuser, change in routine and so on are helping. Actually, the last two nights I gave him half a paracetamol with his tea, even though he doesn't seem to be in any discomfort, so maybe they helped? He had originally been having half a paracetamol with his breakfast but we stopped that as it didn't seem to make any difference.

So for the time being, he's happy, and I'm getting enough sleep. That probably will change, but we just take one day at a time:)

arealhuman, RGC and Flobo like this.