The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Joy fishes

Carol Brown

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
It is with great sadness & a very heavy heart that I have been informed by Les Warwicker that Joy died this morning at 11 30am peacefully in hospital.

She had her 94 th birthday on the 27th March, with her dogs around her.

We wrote about her in the June 2002 Whippet News when she advised us that it all started when she visited a friend in 1947 to see a litter of Whippet Pups and decided Whippets were for her .

Her Pedigree Affix is Wirrawon and the last litter she bred was with our Satin Spirit and Tophi Noze, and our own Satin Sundown is from this litter .

For 15 years Joy was Secretary at Harvel Club and Vice Chairman, but raced at Opens all over the country but also in her day Coursed with the East of England and Woolly Clubs.

Joy was a very individual and independant person, it was a pleasure to have known you.

Rest in Peace Joy

So sorry Joy your Surname is Fisher & not as previously stated.

I would have had my knuckles rapped for this as you always picked me up with my spelling & grammar.

XXX

I got WCRCh Heross fom Joy and her face always lit up as she followed his achievements with pride

Thank you Joy Rest in Peace

Garry x

Sad to hear, but what a wonderful age to live to. RIP Joy. x

Joy Fisher was inspirational - when Secretary for Harvel she fought many battles for Pedigree Whippet Racing both local and national- fiesty, forceful - a feminist role model perhaps before her time ! Until the last couple of years she would race regularly at Harvel.How she got there and how she returned home safely was almost wonderous. She was perhaps quieter then than in her younger days, but her affection for whippets, her spirit, her knowledge of the sport, and a certain dry humour was always present.

RIP Joy

Mike h

We Rixons will alway remember Joy with her little Van - thinking of the vast distances she would travel to Opens as an elderly lady with her Whippets. I know Joy and her mother were members of the pedigree racing club which raced at Sunbury on Thames in 1953. Her Wirrawon bred dogs featured at the very first WCRA Championships. Wirrawon Saucy Sylph - WCRCh Saucy Sylph winning weight groups at both 16 and 18lbs in the late 1970s.

Not forgetting her tiny blue Italian Greyhound who always had a run on the Whippet Tracks.

Rest in Peace Joy.

Rob Rixon

A sad time for the sport and especially sad for Harvel PWRC which she made her home.

The club owe her a large debt of gratitude for the financial help she has given over the years, and indeed to some of the members also.

She was certainly a character, and maybe some of her ways didn't meet everyone's approval at the time, but give her her due, she was VERY committed to the club, and the sport of whippet racing.

Personally, I was glad when she was peresauded to let someone else do the PA at Opens, as results got increasingly muddled, the further she got into her "lemonade" :D

But she will certainly be remembered fondly for who she was and what she was.

Rest in Peace, Joy

Ian

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back