The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Kay

Kayak

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
My favourite girl :D
IMG_2316.JPG IMG_2400.JPG IMG_2401.JPG IMG_2404.JPG IMG_2407.JPG IMG_2409.JPG IMG_2411.JPG IMG_2414.JPG IMG_2417.JPG IMG_2445.JPG

:rolleyes:What a stunning dog! :p Does she play tennis with you?

Last edited:
She's really well behaved but can be a handful. We work really well together. :) We struggled for the first two years with fear reactivity toward dogs she hadn't met. It all clicked in my head one day and I realised where she was coming from. We've got a really good understanding of each other, she's my "heart dog" :D I love training and I'm lucky that she has such a good drive for learning. I just stick to obedience now but she knows some cool tricks from when I used to teach them a lot

Great pics!

Thank you, I love taking pictures of her! she makes it easy to get a good photo

She's really well behaved but can be a handful. We work really well together. :) We struggled for the first two years with fear reactivity toward dogs she hadn't met. It all clicked in my head one day and I realised where she was coming from. We've got a really good understanding of each other, she's my "heart dog" :D I love training and I'm lucky that she has such a good drive for learning. I just stick to obedience now but she knows some cool tricks from when I used to teach them a lot

Thank you, I love taking pictures of her! she makes it easy to get a good photo
:)

Thank you. I do love this girl.

Attachments

• IMG_0015.JPG
    IMG_0015.JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_0037.JPG
    IMG_0037.JPG
    80.5 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG_2405.JPG
    IMG_2405.JPG
    116.3 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_2420.JPG
    IMG_2420.JPG
    101.2 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG_2423.JPG
    IMG_2423.JPG
    200.4 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_2468.JPG
    IMG_2468.JPG
    118.4 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG_2469.JPG
    IMG_2469.JPG
    213.9 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_2470.JPG
    IMG_2470.JPG
    187.3 KB · Views: 188
  • IMG_2473.JPG
    IMG_2473.JPG
    116.6 KB · Views: 225
  • IMG_2471.JPG
    IMG_2471.JPG
    204.1 KB · Views: 177
Instead of creating multiple threads for photos, I'll just post them all here. I hope it's OK to keep bumping this thread with new pics. :) We didn't actually get too much snow, but Kay loves any snow so of course she enjoyed the little we got. ;)

When it first started falling
Crp8flH.jpg

Catching snowflakes
zRvryVa.jpg

nUAhroK.jpg

Chasing her pal Tiff
iSeipIk.jpg

zlBSVHr.jpg

mCVrqmY.jpg

1lH1aZf.jpg

And now that the snow has gone, I've started doing some more training with her. I was just focusing on getting her heel to be tighter. I couldn't work out why she'd always sit a foot or so away from my left leg, but now I see it's because I always have my left leg further out when I call her to heel, and then I bring it in as she gets closer. :rolleyes: 7 years with her and I'm still a novice :D
8pOAVHE.jpg

uWyNOU6.jpg

CcEsqQ9.jpg

Xwp0r0s.jpg

XTWi26Q.jpg

MrLow0g.jpg

v7wo2pg.jpg

MZl6u26.jpg

puApIi1.jpg

We love dog photo's! You should start a diary for her :)

what a gorgeous, happy, healthy dog! :wub:

I had a brief chance to adopt a young M Dobe, & blew the opportunity - her open-faced, enthusiastic attitude reminds me so much of him. :(

She's a beauty - congratulations. :)
- terry

Thank you! Dobermans aren't actually my breed of choice, but my mum loves the breed and I ended up taking over the training for our 3 when my mum started struggling to handle them (she has an array of health issues) when I lived at home. I'm not sure if Dobermans suit me and my lifestyle or if I've changed my lifestyle to suit Dobermans. :p I'd have never gone out and bought a Dobe if my mum hadn't introduced me to them. I won't have another until I've crossed some breeds of my wishlist, but I'll happily share another 12 years with one in the future! A challenging, fun breed with a lot to offer...I feel like Kay has enabled me to say that I'm an experienced owner and she's given me the confidence I need to handle most dogs I think. She's taught me a lot about what not to do training/handling wise, if nothing else! Definitely my heart dog.

Did a little more training during our walk today. She's very bouncy when she can see the reward (her ball).
RbEc6BC.jpg

YFeUqK6.jpg

When I'm not holding it she looks a lot more professional
s8AMRsr.jpg

qqUheyw.jpg

LbtrkXl.jpg

If anybody noticed the camouflaged little white dog getting charged at in the snowy photos, that's Tiff, Kay's sister by circumstance.
zEkcG4K.jpg

VuR2zcA.jpg

Bonus Kay
H3FPUFM.jpg

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back