The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Kelpie crossed border collie

Hi I’ve got new puppy kelpie crossed border collie 10 weeks old he started behaving aggressive

• Aggressive Behaviour

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Over excitement

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
40-50 seconds is almost certainly too long. Read the links...

Okay I used to do for 20-30 secs and then started doing 40-50secs because when he is in that over excitement he won’t even let anyone pat him he will let us pat but immediately he’ll aim for fingers and I will have a look again at those links.

Then don't try to pat him... dangle a toy in his face, throw him a ball or other toy, give him a treat ball... Leaving him in timeout for longer times will get him more worked up, not less. Expect for him to go into and out of timeout several times in just a couple of minutes, and to have to keep this up for hours or days...

Have you booked classes with him? That might help you both.

The Dogs Trust classes are getting a good reputation.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back