The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Kennel Cough

Sarah86

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
We heard yesterday that there has been an outbreak of kennel cough, I think a non bacterial one that is in the air. My dad was talking to our neighbour yesterday and her dog has it along with a dog that visits there often. Im just wondering how contagious this is. When he met her the two dogs were there but they weren't allowed to say hello to Penny to avoid her catching it.

The thing is, with their dog Penny doesn't bother about seeing it through the fence as she is used it, but whenever she sees the other dog, she flies to the fence wanting to play, we have been keeping her in when we see it outside, would she be likely to catch it through the fence? We just don't know that much about it.

Thanks

Hi,

Yes,it has been going around.3 sets of friends have all had it in the last 3 weeks.

It is very contagious,and i would stay well away if you know someone has it.It is very hard to get rid of and ony time and anti-biotics will clear it up.

I hope you don,t catch it.

Amandaxx

It has been arround in our area too. I take Penny to training classes and they have been cancelled for the last two weeks . No one in our class has actually had it but the trainer did not want to take any risks. Better safe than sorry.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back