The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Kennel Cough

ianandalli

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Dixie was coughing a bit this morning and as I had to go to vet to get his new passport I took him along to get checked out, Vet says he most likely has a mild form of kennel cough and has given him some antibiotics. He is well in himself and hasn't shown any other symptoms. He checked Jazz and said he doesn't have it at the moment but to keep an eye on him and bring him in if he does start coughing. This may explain his below par run at the Indi yesterday?? We obviously will not now be going down to Maidstone but hope you all have a great time. Thought I should mention what has happened with Dixie but at least, the season is nearly over and all bugs should be killed off over the winter. Good luck to everyone and thanks for a great season this year we have had such a good time.

Thanks for being responsible and letting us know, we can keep an extra watch on the dogs now for signs :thumbsup: Hope Dixie recovers quickly, and if Jazz does get it, the same goes for him. You've had a brilliant season - all the best for the next one too :cheers:

hope they recover fast, mine had it at the start of the year and it was'nt pleasent

:(

Last edited:
Any more news on your dogs? We were also at the Independent on Sunday and are thinking that if it is a confirmed case then we probably shouldnt go anywhere this weekend either?

Darcia said:
Any more news on your dogs? We were also at the Independent on Sunday and are thinking that if it is a confirmed case then we probably shouldnt go anywhere this weekend either?
Dixie has been on antibiotics since Monday, haven't heard him cough today. Jazz is fine, not coughing and both seem fine. The vet said Dixie had kennel cough but if it is, it is not how I have ever known it as the coughing is not getting worse and was never severe. The vet was a new one and looked about 10 years old so maybe he was wrong or it is just a v mild strain and he is over it. :sweating: Hope that helps.

Many thanks for your reply, very glad to hear that your dogs have not got any worse and seem to be on the mend now. To be on the safe side we think we will give this weekend a miss anyway, but thanks for the update :thumbsup:

ianandalli said:
Darcia said:
Dixie has been on antibiotics since Monday, haven't heard him cough today. Jazz is fine, not coughing and both seem fine. The vet said Dixie had kennel cough but if it is, it is not how I have ever known it as the coughing is not getting worse and was never severe. The vet was a new one and looked about 10 years old so maybe he was wrong or it is just a v mild strain and he is over it. :sweating: Hope that helps.

I think any coughs the vets put down to Kennel Cough straight away nowadays - I suppose because it's contagious, they err on the side of caution. I've noticed the vets looking younger these days too:b

Glad your dogs are OK anyway :thumbsup:

I might visit the vets just to assess how they look :- "

Thanks for the heads up girls :thumbsup: :sweating:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back