The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Selling Knitting For Charity

Macha

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
If you are a keen knitter, it is worthwhile seeing if a local dog rescue would like dog jackets or even blankets made = for their own dogs or for their charity shop if they have one. I think the PDSA has people who crochet blankets for them.

You can also help by donating materials Isee below) or by buying from charity shops and the online shops operated by some rescue organisations

www.greytsweaters.co.uk, http://www.lynnsbespokedogcoats.co.uk/

both knitters support Erin Hounds (rehoming Irish sighthounds, mainly but not exclusively in Norfolk) so please mention Erinhounds if you order from them or if you donate recyclables to Lynn

Lynn uses recycled materials for her coats

If you have yarn, buttons (1.5-2 cm) and/or reusuable plastic bags suitable for posting (size at least that of standard shopping bag, but needs to be fairly strong plastic)

yu can send them to Lynn's Bespoke Dog Coats,21 Fellows Way, Hildenborough, Kent TB1 19DG

Erin Hounds has an online shop, but the smallest sighthound coats (waterproof, not knitted) they carry are 24". They do have some good quality webbing leads, and some items for humans such as a cookbook and greeeting cards.

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent idea. I have been sorting blankets and towels this week for the local rescue, I think I might knit a few bits as well.

Jenny

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back