The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Labradoodle with ruptured eardrum

Nicola9900

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi everyone. My dog is a 2 year old labradoodle that due to an inner ear infection has ruptured his eardrum.
He's now on 3 sets of tablets, one for the infection, one is an anti inflammatory and the other is pain relief.
He's been on the tablets 3 days now and still howling in pain when he stands up or moves about. We're having to bring his bowl of food (rice, ham, cheese) to his mouth as he can't bend his head and eat.
Has anybody else had a dog with a ruptured eardrum who could give any more advice or tell me how long it lasted? We're at the vets again in 5 days.
Thanks.

That sounds so horrible. I have no knowledge I can share with you, but it would be worth asking your vet if they could do something more for the pain as it sounds quite intense. I hope he feels better very soon.

That sounds so horrible. I have no knowledge I can share with you, but it would be worth asking your vet if they could do something more for the pain as it sounds quite intense. I hope he feels better very soon.

Thank you.

I have had a ruptured eardrum and it was really sore. More pain relief would be my suggestion too.

I agree that you should contact the vet today and see what s/he says.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back