The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Lady Anderson

T Hoare

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
This topic is in Whippet Snippets but I thought I would highlight it in this section.

Please look in Whippet Snippets under Tweseldown. :(

T Hoare said:
This topic is in Whippet Snippets but I thought I would highlight it in this section.Please look in Whippet Snippets under Tweseldown. :(

So sad to read of the death of such a well known Whippet person.

The thread Tracy refers to is on www.thewhippetforum.com under whippets at show.

Lady Anderson (Tweseldown) was a lady in every sense of the word. She was a pleasure to show against and show under I know that I treasured the C.C. that I won under her with Scarlet Ribbons. I know that Mary Lowe saw her about two weeks ago and so enjoyed the time she spent with her.

Last edited by a moderator:
dawn said:
T Hoare said:
This topic is in Whippet Snippets but I thought I would highlight it in this section.Please look in Whippet Snippets under Tweseldown. :(

So sad to read of the death of such a well known Whippet person.

The thread Tracy refers to is on www.thewhippetforum.com under whippets at show.

It is in General discussion - Whippets in k9 too

Could someone please find out about the funeral arrangements. ie flowers? donations? when? where?

Thank you

Yvonne

:huggles:

kennelmaid said:
Could someone please find out about the funeral arrangements. ie flowers? donations? when? where?
Thank you

Yvonne

:huggles:

I have copied this from anne vickerstaffs post, hope she doesn't mind

LADY ANDERSONS FUNERAL WILL BE ON 28th MARCH AT TARRANT KEYNSTON CHURCH, BLANDFORD FORUM, DORSET AT 2-00pm

LADY ANDERSON DIED PEACEFULLY IN HER SLEEP ON 20th MARCH. NO FLOWERS, DONATIONS TO JR WHIPPET RESCUE OR THE INJURED JOCKEY FUND.

FURTHER DETAILS WILL BE IN THE TIMES AND THE TELEGRAPH ON 22nd MARCH.

Anne Vickerstaff Hon Sec of the South West Whippet Club.

Lady Anderson was our President.

Lady Anderson was the Patron of Whippet Club of Wales also

Sad News to hear of Lady Andersons passing .

I am terribly sad to hear this news. Lady A was a most amazing lady. She had a fabulously wicked sense of humour. I could happily sit and chat with her for hours. She called a spade a spade and stated her opinions with forceful charm, and she often had something funny to share, with which to while away the time on the benches.

I remember her telling me about a mating she was doing where the tie went on for over an hour. She got fed up of waiting, so she tied the unfortunate pair to the kitchen door and went out for a walk with the rest of her dogs. She was back before they had finished... a two hour tie!

I will never forget the look on her face when a very dainty little whippet, that I owned many years ago, flatly refused to walk on the wet grass in her garden, stubbornly staying on the path. I could see Lady A thinking that she would not be a good worker.

She used to compare whippets to polo ponies, and frowned on anything approaching hunter type or too thoroughbred in style. The last time she judged was, I believe, at LKA in about 1994. She was quite lame at the time, and I remember her stomping down the unbeaten bitch line to my puppy and thrusting the RCC into my hands muttering "I suppose I'll get shot for this, don't believe in putting up puppies". By a strange coincidence that puppy (CH Beauty of Bath) was only born because Lady A's own Tweseldown Lenwaverly refused to mate a bitch I took to him so I took her to a different dog on her next season & got Beauty in the litter.

One of my regrets is not having a puppy by Lenwaverly, he was a lovely dog, owned and bred by a true Lady in every sense of the word.

Cathie

So sorry to hear this news. A wonderful lady who bred real whippets who could do the work they were bred for. Ringmore Snapdragon by Tweseldown Lenwaverly is behind all my stock. The last time I met Lady Anderson was when I took a bitch to Ousebank Secret Mission, I was very happy to win the Vintage class at a local show yesterday with the bitch I kept from that mating, now 11 years old, Brunsfield Mishnish Dram!

Liz

DORRIE ANDERSON WAS THE MOST WONDERFUL PERSON. SHE DEARLY LOVED HER WHIPPETS WHICH WERE DUAL PURPOSE AND SHE HAD SOME LOVELY STOCK. I WAS THRILLED TO WIN THE C.C/B.O.B. WHEN SHE JUDGED AT CRUFTS IN 1980. PEOPLE OF HER CALIBRE ARE NOW VERY THIN ON THE GROUND. SHE WAS VERY DOWN TO EARTH AND HAD THE MOST WONDERFUL SENSE OF HUMOUR. I CONSIDER IT A PRIVILEGE TO HAVE KNOWN HER. SANDRA

Such sad news, a lady through & through..........I too remember her from the early 80's as we, then, lived in the South West. She was a great supporter of the shows, a mind of information and will be sadly missed for her knowledge all 'of things Whippet'.

Her support of the 'local' Whippet Clubs was often from the 'background' but she was always there until recent years and like Dolly (in another thread) I can always remember laughing, with her, about her odd choice of 'leads' when she appeared at the shows.

She 'honoured' me with an entry with Tweseldown Micrystal, a lovely white/fawn parti bitch, on my first ticket appointment at Paignton and I will now look fondly on those pictures.

RIP Dorrie, you will be greatly missed in the Whippet World.

I am sorry, I forgot to mention she was Patron of the WCW too so her involvement with the clubs was very evident.

I appreciate this is an old topic, but I have only just found it!

Lady A was my Gran. Our family still very much misses her, and the whippets! I have many fond memories.

One day, I will have a 'whippet family' of my own, and ever hopeful to get some relation in there too.

Thank you all to those kind words - albeit years late, but it does still mean much.

Ruth

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back