The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Lamping On Friday

springfield

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
The last 2 fridays have been out lamping ( Last week we had 11), A friend who owned 2 lurchers aged 13 (sisters) recently lost one, The remaining bitch has been howling and moarning her sister. His lurchers are out of my fathers breeding I can traced back 18 years ago. We decided to go lamping and his bitch could do with the walk.Last friday we managed 9 rabbits all by the whippet. Rabbits are abit scarce locally so we set off to another area of Cornwall a 40 minute drive where I had aquirred 5 fields from work.

The first 2 fields had horses in them so no good. we the managed 2 rabbits. We decided to have a look on the surrounding farms, We climbed into the first field spotting 2 rabbits and cathing both on entering the 2nd field we were spotted by a lamp,Lights out across the field and back to the van. we thought things had quietend down and walked over a hill and started looking form the road my mate waited by the gate I entered the field catching 1, Then moving on to catch another, Just as I dispatched this rabbits a 4X4 pulled up by the gate investigating ,My mate put his wax jacket over his head and brindle lurcher in between his legs.I was still in field.The 4X4 drove off and I exited the field on my mates command.

I Decided it was getting too hot so headed for van. Suddenly the 4X4 came back shining his lamp in the fields we had just been in.We decided to run whislt the 4X4 was scanning just fields 160 yards behind us. Such a shame as the rabbits had not been lamped and were plentyfull. We chucked the rabbits behind a telegraph pole to collect later, To show we were only jogging with dogs if caught

Back to the van and over to some permission 20 minutes away where we caught another 10, 1 by my mate 13 year old lurcher. Very pleased with Bow he caught 5 in a row at one stage. His record had been 13 up until now. We ended the night with 17 rabbits 15 by Bow his new record, 1 by my mates lurcher and a fresh road kill picked up for ferret meat.He enjoyed it and his bitch had 4 runs. My shed freezer is full of rabbits so I had 7 and mate had 10, He owns a few ferrets so has stocked his freezer, I had the bag last week. Took photo's next morning a very tired Springfield. We left home at 9 and I walked throught the door at 12:50.

Tom___Penny_dogs_018.jpg

Tom___Penny_dogs_016.jpg

Tom___Penny_dogs_012.jpg

Tom___Penny_dogs_013.jpg

Don't post alot, Thank you for taking time for reading. Happy Hunting Springfield

Nice one Lee,

looking forward to a few nights out next time were down, we'll have a few nights on the farm where i stay.

[nice one mate enjoyed story good pics good to c someone still at it good luck tom

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back