The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Last class

Shalista

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
So bax has been to every dog class under the sun at this trainer but we haven't been in two years. I decided as something "fun" id pick up a basic manners course.

the day after the class he started pooping blood and one very expensive vet visit later i get the diagnosis. colitis. AGAIN. the cause? "Stress."

you'd think I'd learn but no I'm an idiot.

I took him to class AGAIN tonight. and i saw exactly how "happy" he was. how much "fun" he was having.

He was a miserable anxious high-stress WRECK that couldn't even focus on basic cues he knew like the back of his paw.

i started to cry.

no WONDER he's miserable. He's claustrophobic and scared of dogs. so what do i do as the loving attentive fur mom? i strap him in a death rocket for an hour, throw him into a room full of ten other dogs, give him his highest value treats to defend, and then strap him in a death rocket for an hour ride back.

Some fur mom "I" am. If i get bloody diahrea in my bed at 2 am its the least i deserve.

I told the trainer halfway through the class that we were leaving and we wouldn't be coming back. It's nothing on them, i wish them all the best, but Bax just isn't at the point in his life where he can relax and have fun in a class.

So yeah, I win the award for mom of the year.

now i turn my attention to enrichment and fun at home in a low-stress relaxed environment where he can savor his potato chips free from competition.

Some fur mom "I" am. If i get bloody diahrea in my bed at 2 am its the least i deserve.

I told the trainer halfway through the class that we were leaving and we wouldn't be coming back. It's nothing on them, i wish them all the best, but Bax just isn't at the point in his life where he can relax and have fun in a class.

So yeah, I win the award for mom of the year.

now i turn my attention to enrichment and fun at home in a low-stress relaxed environment where he can savor his potato chips free from competition.[/QUOTE]

Oh noooo….mess is not nice....but at least you know what is cause of it and can now eliminate it from his life.
I'm sitting here at 2 am too in nursing duties...and back to vets first thing in the morning...'sigh' No mess though....not yet...

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back