The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Libel

RealMadYid

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
A very close friend of mine enjoys another sport and is the treasurer of a local Association. He was accused of theft on a internet forum similar to this. The accusation was found to be false (it wouldn't of mattered if it were true actually). Anyway, I digress, suffice to say he has been able to bring a successful libel case against his accuser. He hasn't been rewarded a lot (it was settled before court). However, as a warning, any comments that are made on the internet (if they are able to be printed) can be classed as libelous. I think this site at times has been close to this...

I only put this on here today, as I've just put the phone down on him whilst browsing the internet myself...

Regards,

Paul

RealMadYid said:
A very close friend of mine enjoys another sport and is the treasurer of a local Association. He was accused of theft on a internet forum similar to this. The accusation was found to be false (it wouldn't of mattered if it were true actually). Anyway, I digress, suffice to say he has been able to bring a successful libel case against his accuser. He hasn't been rewarded a lot (it was settled before court). However, as a warning, any comments that are made on the internet (if they are able to be printed) can be classed as libelous. I think this site at times has been close to this...
I only put this on here today, as I've just put the phone down on him whilst browsing the internet myself...

Regards,

Paul

:cheers: Paul, been printing one or two posts off myself of late ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
RealMadYid said:

Regards,

Paul

Better be carefull what you are saying about us lovely northerners then Paul- :p :p :p :thumbsup: :D :cheers: :clown:

Steve

RealMadYid said:

Regards,

Paul

Really surprised at is Paul ...esprically legally when peoples posts can be edited or changed at any point on internet forums ...and people some times have a few user names on forums :oops:

totally agree pm s defiantly can be altered :- " so can posts :- " the worse thing is cowards who hide behind assumed names just to say shit they dare not say under there own names , you know who you are :unsure: :( thanks for the topic though Paul i know its in the best interest of folks not being negative :thumbsup:

ps u still going to spurs games ;)

RealMadYid said:

Regards,

Paul

I've found that the Sony wm-fx290 comes in handy, in certain situations :thumbsup:

not as good as a phone recorder :oops: :thumbsup:

milly said:
RealMadYid said:

Regards,

Paul

bet hazels smiling :oops: :D is it the super o:)

I've found that the Sony wm-fx290 comes in handy, in certain situations :thumbsup:

good job Neil (pissworm) Pendelton never took offence at what i used to say to him or John Meades (Fat Controller) they would have had to have a toilet roll in printer all time ---always called me a sh-t house anyway!! (w00t)

Still all good mates no matter how much slagging it was given/taken in good part by all---just daft crack not abusive----only slightly :eek:

go on neil call me a liar ---lol

steve :thumbsup: :p

Karen-Coral said:
good job Neil (pissworm) Pendelton never took offence at what i used to say to him or John Meades (Fat Controller)  they would have had  to have a toilet roll in printer all time  ---always called me a sh-t house anyway!! (w00t)

Still all good mates no matter how much slagging it was  given/taken in good part by all---just daft crack not abusive----only slightly :eek:

steve :thumbsup:   :p

the pissworm will be there on sunday. :thumbsup:

shut up fat arsse :oops: :p :p now now boydy you better not be printing :p

never took ofence at you steve and the things youve called me only makes me love you more :p not in that way though :oops: :p

mutley said:
not as good as a phone recorder :oops: :thumbsup:
you been PRESSING the record BUTTON again lol

613101908.jpg

GRAHAM PEM said:
Karen-Coral said:
good job Neil (pissworm) Pendelton never took offence at what i used to say to him or John Meades (Fat Controller)  they would have had  to have a toilet roll in printer all time  ---always called me a sh-t house anyway!! (w00t)

Still all good mates no matter how much slagging it was   given/taken in good part by all---just daft crack not abusive----only slightly :eek:

steve :thumbsup:   :p

the pissworm will be there on sunday. :thumbsup:

Looking forward to seeing the window licker lol

milly said:
RealMadYid said:

Regards,

Paul

:cheers: Paul, been printing one or two posts off myself of late ;)

[SIZE=14pt]We got another one here who can not stick to rules !!!!PMSL :D [/SIZE]

Hope you asked permission of the community administrators first :oops:

What on earth are you all going on about? None of it makes any sense. :oops:

bertha said:
What on earth are you all going on about? None of it makes any sense. :oops:

RealMadYid said:

Regards,

Paul

:thumbsup:

RealMadYid said:

Regards,

Paul

Yes u r right Paul because I have been dealing with such a matter at the moment, and did u know that it is allegal to tape someones phone conversation without that persons permission Sue

S. Rodgers said:
RealMadYid said:

Regards,

Paul

Yes u r right Paul because I have been dealing with such a matter at the moment, and did u know that it is allegal to tape someones phone conversation without that persons permission Sue

Thats really interesting Sue, I thought the law had changed in 2002 with the changes in anti terrorism legislation but I am obviously wrong. :) Thanks

S. Rodgers said:
RealMadYid said:

Regards,

Paul

who told you that ?

DENISE BAILEY said:
S. Rodgers said:
RealMadYid said:

Regards,

Paul

who told you that ?

Hi Dee because its been obtained illegally its not valid, because whoever taped phone conversation never had the other persons permission, so that person can ask for the tape Sue

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back