The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Librela for Arthritis

Sierra

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
HI, I wondered if anyone had any personal experience with Librela that they could share.
It was suggested to me for my dogs elbow arthritis. I would appreciate any feedback.

I haven't used it but I've heard a lot of people's pets get good results.

HI, I wondered if anyone had any personal experience with Librela that they could share.
It was suggested to me for my dogs elbow arthritis. I would appreciate any feedback.

Hi Sierra
I am a great fan of the Librela injection having seen a vast improvement in my Golden Retriever's arthritis. She was on it for over a year, sadly we lost her at age 14 last week due to other health problems. It may not make a lot of difference in the first month but don't give up if that's the case. Have the second injection a month later and if it's going to work it will. And because it's not cheap, once you're on it, at my practice, you can order online via a written prescription and a veterinary nurse will administer it. Hope this helps x

I too am a fan of Librela, my late cocker spaniel lived to over 15 years and had a good 2 years more of a good quality of life than we ever hoped for.(he had a sinsister growth in throat)
My vet suggested we try this for his mobility and suggested we try it for 2 months. The benifit was almost instant and for the last 8 months of his life he enjoyed his walks, his holidays and everyday that came. One of the nurses had a good result with her dog and my vet arranged a chat over the phone which reassured.
We were advised if it was to help it would show and could lessen a little towards the end of the each month.
I can only speak as I find and for my boy it really helped, his movement was vastly improved, yes you will find negative reviews - but you balance them with the good.
Yes it was pricey and the initial layout was about £100 for 2 injection for first 2 months, and also we were made aware that it might not help.
But the joy at watching him move easily on his walks was worth it.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back