The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Licki mat

Bishop

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I have recently bought a Lickimat for the pooch to keep her busy when I have to go out. I have been using cream cheese (as recommended and of which she is inordinately fond). She is not good at getting the bits out of the corners and the cream cheese seems to dry really quickly. I am the dishwasher in our house and have tried a floor scrubbing brush (bought specially), a toothbrush and am now resorting to a cocktail stick plus in all cases really hot water. I realise the obvious solution is to change to using something else on the mat and wondered what other people used and how, without an automatic dishwasher, they managed to get the bits out of the corners.

I would be cautious about using cream cheese as it contains alot of salt ...you could try wet food or even raw food to spread on the lick mat instead ...have you tried blasting it out with a hosepipe if you have one ...

Have you tried letting it have a really good soak first? But I agree with Tinytom - try something different to put on it. Maybe yoghurt?

Have you tried letting it have a really good soak first? But I agree with Tinytom - try something different to put on it. Maybe yoghurt?
I haven't given it a really good soak. The very hot water seems to loosen the bits but they seem to migrate from corner to corner. I will certainly try yoghourt - again she is very fond if it but only certain flavours. The manufacturers also suggest baby food!
Thank you Tinytom for reminding me about the salt in cream cheese. She only gets a teaspoon or so of the stuff so I didn't think it would do her much harm but I will defihitely reconsider using it. As to the hosepipe it takes me so long to get it out and set it up that even the cocktail stick is quicker.
Maybe I should think about investing in a dishwasher
Thank you both for your suggestions

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back