The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Lightstep Quila

starbuck

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Anyone has infos on this bitch, born between 1962 and 1968 ?

starbuck said:
Anyone has infos on this bitch, born between 1962 and 1968 ?
Hi,

have just read your request about Lightstep Quila and think I may be able to help with some information.

She must have been bred by Miss Lea Gut of Zurich, Switzerland, whose Lightstep Whippets have been very influential in her native country and beyond through mainly her British imports during the 1960's and early 70's.

Her most famous dogs were the Int. Chs. Laguna Lancelot and Laguna Lady Lightfoot. Both were, I believe, by Ch. Laguna Ligonier and were, of course, bred by Dorrit McKay whose Lagunas are practically behind everything that we know as "Whippet" today.

The bitch in question will, invariably, go back to these imports into Switzerland within one or two generations.

Although she has not been able to keep any dogs for years, Miss Gut is still very much interested in "her" breed. If you need any more information you may email me privately and I will try to get you in touch with Miss Gut.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back