The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Limping Labrador

vesperheart

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi all. My 12 year 2 month old Labrador George has been limping on his front left leg now for almost 3 weeks. I have noticed him limping a couple of times before over the last year but it would disappear after a few minutes, never this long. He's always been fit and healthy and to see him struggling like this is hard to take although he doesn't seem to be in any pain. Sometimes he'll start walking normally for a short while but then it comes on again.
I contacted my vet who through a video I sent thought the problem was arthitis (I wasn't allowed to take him in due to Coronavirus) He prescribed Onsior 40mg for 2 weeks which had no effect. Can Onsior take a while to see improvements?
I managed to get an appointment for an x-ray which confirmed he had 'moderate arthitis' in his ankle and elbow, and hip dysplasia on his left side. He was anesthetized during the x-ray and when I got him home he could barely stand up and his back legs kept giving way. Is this normal? That was 5 days ago and he's still a bit wobbly with his back legs. He's never had problems with them before. The vet has prescribed more onsior.
He also started Yumove Senior about 1 week ago although he has been taking Vetzyme Flexible Joint for about 4 years.
Can Yumove help specifically with arthitis and does anyone know how long it can take to see benefits?
Should he be showing signs of improvement after taking Onsior for over 2 weeks?
If one anti-inflammatory drug doesn't work, can another? Or are they all the same?
I would be grateful for any help/advice. Thanks!

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back