The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Limping victorian bulldog

Winston_Bulldog

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi folks! I am a newbie here!!!

I have a Victorian Bulldog called Winston. He is 2 1/2 years old and an absolute brilliant companion. I got him very recently as someone was emigrating and luckily, his previous owner chose me to have him over some scrote from a scruffy estate in Manchester. When I got him home we realised he was covered in fleas, literally. Straight away we got flea shampoo and put him in the bath. We spent half an hour removing every flea from him. When he was dry we then put spot on on his neck.

Winston has a limp on his front right leg. I think it has been caused through him straining to try and relieve the irritation on his back end where a majority of the fleas were, which in my opinion would point to a muscle strain around the shoulder. I have pressed, manouvered and rubbed all of his leg and he shows no sign of distress. I have checked his paws for sign of injury and there is nothing.

Here is the confusing part. When I take him out and let him off the leash to go about his business, he can run and bound about with no issues. It is only when he is walking that he shows signs of the limp.

Do any of you fine people have any idea what I can do to try and help him recover? I have today started to restrict his exercise by only taking him out to do his business. No daily park walks at the moment.

Thank you

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back