The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Little Chick Pts

Janimal

Addicted
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I brought another 5 little chicks, 3 weeks old from the farm on Friday one of which had a broken leg. It had been caught inside the incubator :(

Anyway a friend of mine who has just become a vet, agreed to have a look at it this morning and see if anything could be done, but sadly it had been discolated badly and had fused back together in a very awkward 90o angle...

We both decided that it wouldnt have a great quality of life, weight bearing etc with one leg and wouldnt be able to do the normal hen scratching things.. perching at night etc...

I have to admit I did still shed a little tear..

and sadly she was PTS...

Fly free little one. :huggles:

Last edited by a moderator:
:( aww janis gutted for you :huggles: fly free little one

AWWW poor little thing :huggles:

If it had been a simple break she was going to try a little splint...

but life is life... and Im a big soft lump..

Aw Janis - it doesn't matter what it is, it is always sad when a life has to be ended so young. You made just the right decision though :thumbsup:

Awww so sorry for the one you lost Janis :(

Good luck with the other 4 :luck: :thumbsup: :luck:

:( That's so sad, :( Poor little thing, you obviously did the right thing though.

Fly free little one, :huggles:

Sonia and Jesse xx

It's so heartbreaking to have to make these decisions, but you're right - quality of life is very important and I'm sure the little chuck was in pain too :(

Happy scratching x

:( Awww poor little thing :(

You're not alone Janimal ... I got all upset and felt dreadful for stepping on a snail the other day!

Poor little chick though, at least you know you did the right thing, however hard it may be :huggles:

Emma and Jesse

xXx

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back