The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Lmaping Cornish Rabbits With Markbrick

Robw

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Mark was kind enough to invite me over to Cornwall to run some rabbits and give my youngest Lurcher some experience on multiple bunnies!!!

Both dog run well and not many bunnies were missed, Tiredness overcame Flyn, my one in the end, his a bit unfit for this many rabbits so we called it a night!

Look forward to getting up your way again soon, with a Fitter Flyn 8)

lampmarks012.jpg

lady.jpg

ladyandflyn.jpg

home.jpg

Plenty of food now for me and the ferrets / dogs

Cheers Mark, some cracking land and Lady is treasure!

enjoyed it rob :) had a good couple of hrs,this is what lurchers are about 27 rabbits 31 runs and only 1 squatter hope you get back soon for a bit of ferretin as well :thumbsup: thats why that dog clears 24 feet regular is the cornish endurance champion and wont chase a plastic bag around the field cause shes smart,mark

markbrick said:
enjoyed it rob :)   had a good couple of hrs,this is what lurchers are about 27 rabbits 31 runs and only 1 squatter hope you get back soon for a bit of ferretin as well :thumbsup: thats why that dog clears 24 feet regular is the cornish endurance champion and wont chase a plastic bag around the field cause shes smart,mark
so you used real rabbits at the "cornish pasty championships" then eh ? no bags or lures ?? not even one :- " ? i love it when dogs jump over sticks on the ground for no reason..24 feet of sticks for no reason, now thats what i call smart :wacko:

robbie rhubarb

Last edited by a moderator:
herby said:
markbrick said:
enjoyed it rob :)   had a good couple of hrs,this is what lurchers are about 27 rabbits 31 runs and only 1 squatter hope you get back soon for a bit of ferretin as well :thumbsup: thats why that dog clears 24 feet regular is the cornish endurance champion and wont chase a plastic bag around the field cause shes smart,mark
so you used real rabbits at the "cornish pasty championships" then eh ? no bags or lures ?? not even one :- " ? i love it when dogs jump over sticks on the ground for no reason..24 feet of sticks for no reason, now thats what i call smart :wacko:

robbie rhubarb

:lol: :thumbsup:

looks like u 2 had a good evening, :thumbsup:

thats £27 pound u owe me i said a pound a rabbit (w00t) (w00t)

Joe

joeorcheston said:
looks like u 2 had a good evening, :thumbsup:
thats £27 pound u owe me  i said a pound a rabbit  (w00t)   (w00t)

Joe

are u placing bets again on the back of me again joey :thumbsup: i will get out with you and we will do some ferretin soon joe with that pup and kit and kat,mark

we'll get out soon,

give me a ring good last year.

Joe :cheers:

joeorcheston said:
we'll get out soon,give me a ring good last year.

ok joe,but dont think them whippet gh s will keep up with my collie xs on the live stuff as they wont they dont have the stamina cats been out tonight 22 runs 20 rabbits theres no whippet greyhound that can do that mate,mark

markbrick said:
joeorcheston said:

ok joe,but dont think them whippet gh s will keep up with my collie xs on the live stuff as they wont they dont have the stamina cats been out tonight 22 runs 20 rabbits theres no whippet greyhound that can do that mate,mark

Sorry Mark,but i used to have one that could do 30+a night.In saying that,she was the only one.She coarsed 4 february hare's,one morning,and killed 3 of them.(On marshy ground too)

billyboy45 said:
markbrick said:
joeorcheston said:

Sorry Mark,but i used to have one that could do 30+a night.In saying that,she was the only one.She coarsed 4 february hare's,one morning,and killed 3 of them.(On marshy ground too)

hi billy i would welcome anybody to show me a wh x gh that would catch 20 rabbits in 1 hr 20 mins they havnt got it,ive had these dogs a lot longer then most on here and the rubbish i read ,i will put up any k9er whos willing to show me iam wrong ,ive got the land and rabbits now lets see the dogs,mark

markbrick said:
billyboy45 said:
markbrick said:
joeorcheston said:

hi billy i would welcome anybody to show me a wh x gh that would catch 20 rabbits in 1 hr 20 mins they havnt got it,ive had these dogs a lot longer then most on here and the rubbish i read ,i will put up any k9er whos willing to show me iam wrong ,ive got the land and rabbits now lets see the dogs,mark

Now Mark.I did say used to have.It's a lot to do with fittness,brain's,and strike too mate,and not just stamina.This bitch could pace herself,when she learnt the game propper,and did'nt burn herself out,like 99%of w/g do,as they are usualy do or die merchant's.I seen her in her early day's,kill over a dozen,regularly,in less than 1/2 an hour.and all were retrieved live to hand.20 rabbit's in an hour and 20 minutes,is great going Mark,and take's one hell of a wee dog to do that.But you have to remember that more people than you,have very good lamping dog's.20 in an hour and 20 minute's is one in every 4 minute's or so.A dozen in 1/2 an hour,is almost 1 every 2 minute's.39 was the most she ever did in the one night,and it almost killed her. Would'nt have one now,that i would want to kill any more than 5/6 with,as i dont need that many,and with them being very scarce round here,i would be happy with just the run's for my dog's,and for the sport. ...Billy...

markbrick said:
joeorcheston said:

I've been out in the past with my whippet/greyhound, 6 runs 6 rabbits 100% strike rate.....22 runs 20 rabbits less than 100%. I'm not claiming to be a mathematician but is 100% not better than 91% (w00t) .

But as per usual not one mention of whippet greyhounds in a topic and chief winderupper has to have a wee dig at them so markbrick take this :ph34r: and :ninja:

You at it again Mark :lol:

Don't be too hard on him Darren :wub: the poor soul can't beat whippet/greyhounds at racing(he's been trying all year :lol: )Marks dogs have got to better somewhere :p :D Karen

rodders said:
You at it again Mark :lol:
Don't be too hard on him Darren :wub: the poor soul can't beat whippet/greyhounds at racing(he's been trying all year :lol: )Marks dogs have got to better somewhere :p   :D Karen

oh karen how are you,no my dog has lost to a couple of non peds at the end of the season in the straight racing,but has beat a lot more then shes lost to :D also dont forget karen i have lurchers proper ones,mark

billyboy45 said:
markbrick said:
billyboy45 said:
markbrick said:
joeorcheston said:

Now Mark.I did say used to have.It's a lot to do with fittness,brain's,and strike too mate,and not just stamina.This bitch could pace herself,when she learnt the game propper,and did'nt burn herself out,like 99%of w/g do,as they are usualy do or die merchant's.I seen her in her early day's,kill over a dozen,regularly,in less than 1/2 an hour.and all were retrieved live to hand.20 rabbit's in an hour and 20 minutes,is great going Mark,and take's one hell of a wee dog to do that.But you have to remember that more people than you,have very good lamping dog's.20 in an hour and 20 minute's is one in every 4 minute's or so.A dozen in 1/2 an hour,is almost 1 every 2 minute's.39 was the most she ever did in the one night,and it almost killed her. Would'nt have one now,that i would want to kill any more than 5/6 with,as i dont need that many,and with them being very scarce round here,i would be happy with just the run's for my dog's,and for the sport. ...Billy...

you know billy, as i get older i dont enjoy the kill like i used to,i love the chase and to watch the dog work,but i seem to always have a pup coming through the ranks so it has to be trained and gain experiance and the one ive got now is 7 months old and she loves to work,the future is bright as well cat will be bred in her next season so again more work,but to catch them numbers billy the rabbits have to be there and iam lucky we have the rabbits around here theres hundreds of lurchers down here but nobody lamps are ferrets and i love that more for me i was over a place the other night a little village called scorrier and there people there with many a lurcher and even a pyke camp and the rabbits were everywere shows these people just dont work em not even the pykes any more they chose to collect scrap and thieve,mark

markbrick said:
billyboy45 said:
markbrick said:
billyboy45 said:
markbrick said:
joeorcheston said:

you know billy, as i get older i dont enjoy the kill like i used to,i love the chase and to watch the dog work,but i seem to always have a pup coming through the ranks so it has to be trained and gain experiance and the one ive got now is 7 months old and she loves to work,the future is bright as well cat will be bred in her next season so again more work,but to catch them numbers billy the rabbits have to be there and iam lucky we have the rabbits around here theres hundreds of lurchers down here but nobody lamps are ferrets and i love that more for me i was over a place the other night a little village called scorrier and there people there with many a lurcher and even a pyke camp and the rabbits were everywere shows these people just dont work em not even the pykes any more they chose to collect scrap and thieve,mark

Long as they dont collect you're scrap in the middle of the night Mark,and leave you with not a dog. (Only joking Mark).You've a couple of very useful wee dog's there mate,and fair play to you for working them.When people from over there heard way back in the 90's that i was working all my racing dog's,they thought i was mad or summit.Maybe they had a point. But then im a thick irish man,who did'nt know no better. Ha hA .

dazgail said:
markbrick said:
joeorcheston said:

I've been out in the past with my whippet/greyhound, 6 runs 6 rabbits 100% strike rate.....22 runs 20 rabbits less than 100%. I'm not claiming to be a mathematician but is 100% not better than 91% (w00t) .

But as per usual not one mention of whippet greyhounds in a topic and chief winderupper has to have a wee dig at them so markbrick take this :ph34r: and :ninja:

You did'nt ring back Darren,or is that fare still runnin. ...Billy...Might be going to Migabery this sunday.Maybe you might get a run down.

Robw said:
Mark was kind enough to invite me over to Cornwall to run some rabbits and give my youngest Lurcher some experience on multiple bunnies!!!
Both dog run well and not many bunnies were missed,  Tiredness overcame Flyn, my one in the end, his a bit unfit for this many rabbits so we called it a night!

Look forward to getting up your way again soon, with a Fitter Flyn  8)

lampmarks012.jpg

lady.jpg

ladyandflyn.jpg

home.jpg

Plenty of food now for me and the ferrets / dogs

Cheers Mark, some cracking land and Lady is  treasure!

rob are we ferretin on saturday mate,mark

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back