The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Looking For A Pup

FlyLurcher

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi everyone.

Well as the title says really. I have an unregistered non-ped and i'd like another to race.

We live in Birmingham and i'd like a bitch pup that i can race properly as my current dog can only go for fun.

I would be taking her to Old Hall and would like to keep in touch with her breeder.

I've made several enquiries about litters but haven't had any replies so thought this might be the best way to get a response (hope this is allowed) :teehee:

I'm happy to wait for a suitable litter and can have any colour apart from dark brindle (hubby doesn't like the colour) :wacko:

I would also be interested in an older bitch that needs rehoming but likes to race. Sorry we can't have any boys as my current dogs are all girls and it would cause probs for the poor fella at certain times. I prefer the smaller type but really not too fussy as long as racing is in the blood :thumbsup:

Thanks

Sharon

What size do you have in mind?

Also do you intend to run her at club level or do are you interested in more competitive open racing? Also would you hope to run in lurchers racing?

Reason I ask is because if you did home an already experienced racing bitch, the chances are what would be offered wouldn't be an open class dog. Not that there's anything wrong with that because you can have just as much enjoyment club racing as you would racing in opens. (There's also less expenses and less stress lol)

If you would be going lurcher racing as well, a bigger more substantial bitch may be better than say a finely built small whippet.

good luck :luck:

there was a 1 year old bitch free to good home on here not long ago thru decca. the bitch doesnt race as she was bought as a pet but her sister is doing really well so nothing to say this one wudnt race, shes about 17lb dont know if shes still looking for a home though. :wacko:

heres the thread http://www.k9community.co.uk/forums/index....c=76763&hl=

Last edited by a moderator:
The bitch i have is 23tts and 32lbs, i wouldn't want anything bigger if possible. I do love the little whippies :thumbsup:

I would mainly be running at Old Hall but wouldn't like to rule out anything else (i show poodles so can't be as stressful/expensive as that lol).

My current bitch can run in lurcher classes so i'm not bothered about a new one being too small for those kind of races to be honest.

As i go most places on my own it would be easier for me not having two dogs running at the same time or against each other as i'll have my hands full.

Good :luck: in finding the right whippet. Will be nice to see you at Old Hall lots of good club members who will be more than willing to help you out with your new racing dog :thumbsup: Pam.

Good :luck: in finding the right whippet. Will be nice to see you at Old Hall lots of good club members who will be more than willing to help you out with your new racing dog :thumbsup: Pam.
Thanks Pam, i'll be at Old Hall tomorrow with Fly if it's on? Can't remember the start time as been ages since i last went buit i'm aiming to be there around 9.30 ;)

I think the club starts to gather about half ten if that helps.hopefully someone else can confirm that. :luck:

Thanks Pam, i'll be at Old Hall tomorrow with Fly if it's on? Can't remember the start time as been ages since i last went buit i'm aiming to be there around 9.30 ;)
:thumbsup: The weigh-in time is until 10.30a.m. Then, once the programme is done, we start to race. A guaranteed 2 runs every week and plenty of banter afterwards. Hope to see you tomorrow, but, as I have to wait for a lift, I don't know what time it will be. Please let yourself be known to us and then we can assist you in your quest! :wub:

You'll see me, i'll be the one standing around with a black bitch with white chest, shivering as the new coat i ordered for her finally arrived after almost a 3 month wait and it doesn't fit Grrrrrr :angry: I'll bring the coat (burgundy) to see if it fits anyone elses dog as i can't return it.

See you all later :thumbsup:

You'll see me, i'll be the one standing around with a black bitch with white chest, shivering as the new coat i ordered for her finally arrived after almost a 3 month wait and it doesn't fit Grrrrrr :angry: I'll bring the coat (burgundy) to see if it fits anyone elses dog as i can't return it.See you all later :thumbsup:
We can help you with your coat problem, as one of our members' makes them! :thumbsup: :wub:

Darn van wouldn't start, it objected to the cold and had a flat battery :angry:

Will have to make it over there next week as it's too late now (1hr drive) :(

Thanks for the info about the coat maker, i'll order one from them so they can measure her and it'll fit :D

there was no racing at old hall today any ways due to ground being frozen but wee all still had a good crack hope to see you soon :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back