The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Looking for whippet siblings.....

bilbie

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
On 17th August 2015 a litter of 4 were born.

Their kennel name is Jodana. We have Jodana Royal Red (Wallie) and we know one sister Mali ( Jodana Scarlett Sensation ).

There are two more, Jodana Scarlett Summer went to the National Whippet Assoc Championship Show 2/5/2016 and was VHC in Minor Puppy Bitch. I can find no further trace of her.

Jodana Red Ransom I have no news of at all. Does anyone know of these dogs and where they are?

Have you tried looking in whippet groups on fb? I did that with my dog and found brothers sisters and other litters from the same breeder.

Have you tried looking in whippet groups on fb? I did that with my dog and found brothers sisters and other litters from the same breeder.
Which do you think would be the best forum to reach the widest audience?

Which do you think would be the best forum to reach the widest audience?
No idea as I said I used facebook went to a beagle page and asked there. I found out a lot and saw pups from other litters including one just 3 days after George was born proving beyond doubt my suspicion that his breeder is a puppy farmer.

If your dog is in the U.K. and is kennel club registered to your name, you can register on the MyKC page run by the kennel club. There is a section tools/resources where you can look up any dog k.c. registered in the 21st century and find the names of all their registered siblings and any progeny of the siblings. I think you can find if they have any titles or a stud book number. You could also try the whippet archives website; the information is more patchy but if you are lucky the breeder or owner will have loaded photos of some of your dog's siblings.

I looked up Jodana Royal Red on Welcome to MyKC and he only has 3 full siblings. But his dam had a litter of six pups in 2013, sired by Collooney Move on Over. One of those pups, Jodana Mystical Mover At Feorena, had a litter of 5 in June 2018. Collooney Maggie May also had a litter of 4 pups in 2018, sired by Collooney Black Comet. On the paternal side, your dog has loads of half-siblings sired by Demerlay Red River.

Thank you for your response.

When Wallie first arrived with us I spoke to his breeder and the owner of his mum and dad. Unfortunately because we are looking back several years no one was able to give us any indication about his siblings.

We did find one sister through whippet archive and are in touch there.

The most hopeful information I have is the award given his other sister in 2016 by the National Whippet Association. Someone in the whippet world must know of this bitch even if she isn't still showing.

Thank you for your interest.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back