The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Looking For...

Lennard

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Dear all,

I'm looking for a "big" whippet or whippet-grey cross bitch pup, between 3 and say 10 months. Saluki cross would be interesting but must be SMALL and SPEEDY. Must be socialized with other dogs, sound, sweet but game. Not too white but colour is not an issue really.

Basically a longdog that is smaller (say max. 20 kilos), faster and has less nose than the bitch I have.

Does anyone know of a litter or recommend a breeder?

Regards,

Lennard

There are some doglets on here looking for homes if you could rescue one it would be great. There are also some on www.lurcher.org in Homes Wanted and in the Rescue sections + more on www.dogpages.org including puppies altho Dogpages won't home for 'working' purposes as very anti hunting.

Thanks for the reply L,

Rescue might want to do a kind of pre-check and that is difficult as I will take the pup to the Netherlands.

Basically I hope someone is breeding his/her rabbiting/coursing whippet-grey to get a puppy for own use and seeks a decent home for the rest. New dog will get the same luxury life as my other longdog, warm sofa, good food and catching trips.

Right price for the right dog and costs of passport/chipping/rabies shots are for me.

regards,

Lennard

Hope your successful Lennard :thumbsup: , but a private sale may well be the more viable option if your moving, as you say rescues can (rightly enough, all things considered) be deterred if your on the move, though an explination of why/what etc., and the present condition and circumstances you keep your existing dog in would warrent understanding from some rescues.

Just out of curiosity where are you moving to? My brother has lives in Eindhoven, for 8 years...love Holland, your so lucky!

Last edited by a moderator:
Bappit,

Rescue is difficult in that way and with a private sale I hope to be sure to get a well reared pup.

I don't move...I am Dutch and live there. We have whippets here but only show and track and people breed close to the height standard (we don't have much non-pedigree whippets or lurchers). I am looking for say a 15 kilo animal, whippet with grey blood would be perfect.

L

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll try to get you some more info :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back