The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Lucky The Dark Destroyer

nigelmcfc

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
My mate was telling me about the video Lucky the Dark Destroyer , has anyone seen it and is it any good? Is it lurchers and whippets?

nigelmcfc said:
My mate was telling me about the video Lucky the Dark Destroyer , has anyone seen it and is it any good? Is it lurchers and whippets?
Sparky was telling me about it, think he may have a copy!

The name made me laugh so it stuck in the old grey matter!

hi nigel, ive got a copy. i will try and get it copied for you, theres a couple more folk want one aswell. tony

Cheers Sparky, I`ve heard a bit about the video, is it just whippets or is it lurchers as well ? My mate saw the video a while back and seemed to think it was both. Can`t be any worse than uncle warrener lol!!!

hi,its all saluki greyhounds. its quite boring really, tony

Alright lads im new on here. Lucky 's vid is ok. Just showing the dark destroyer herself doing what it does best on the hares. Very special dog owned by Marcus.

there are two vids out of lucky the dd, 1 and 2, both for sale in the cmw £24.95 each. :thumbsup:

Depend what type of dog you require. It is a GREAT hare killing lurcher no doubt. But when it comes to rabbiting? Foxing? who knows. I wouldnt say it is a Great Dog due to not knowing of its other abilitys,

Cheers

I would love to watch a copy of Lucky The Dark Destroyer.....can anyone run me off a copy cos there is no way i'm paying £25 for a copy of it cos i think it's an absolute rip off. Sorry if that has offended anyone but just speaking my mind. :oops:

I remember reading an article in the Countryman's Weekly a while back about a brindle lurcher bitch, can't remember her name though...think it was Lucy. According to the article she won all the four main lurcher coursing cups in the one year...think that's what it said but don't quote me on that one. Anyway she was the only one in her litter which was any good and her owner also said that she never bred anything like herself. Does anyone know the name of this bitch and is there any videos knocking about of her running.

any idea of the year m8? i know of one bitch that had a good year in 1998 and i think she was called "sankers dancer" i think she won the foley cup in this year aswell..

bez_3d said:
I wouldnt say it is a Great Dog
Well I would :D seeing as this whole thread is in the coursing forum I think it is quite fair to say that LTDD is a good dog seeing as the whole subject is about coursing and not all round mooching lurcher types.

I reckon the article was in the CMW about 18-24 months ago, sorry that's not much information but it was a great read. I remember that during one of the competitions she won that during the semi-final course that she coursed the hare for so long that she couldn't be found for a while, finally she was found in a ditch blown out. Her owner got her back to the car and worked on her for a while and within a short period of time she won the final course, which was another long affair, i think she was early paced but had great stamina also. Sorry i can't give anymore information than this.

I remember also reading a few articles about Lucky The Dark Destroyer, any of the articles i read of LTDD's feats in the coursing field were amazing...certainly seems to me as though there aren't many around with the same record....if that doesn't make a great dog...i don't know what does...just my opinion. Maybe i was a bit harsh in saying £25 for the video is a rip off, sorry if its owner is reading this, i should have kept my big mouth shut.

Incidently how are the offspring of LTDD doing in the coursing field?

Ive seen this video im sure Lucky takes 6 hares one after another it's a quality video you've got to see it.

apparently a whippet was the foundation used in breeding lucky. obviously lots of longdog has been added over the years. a friend who knows marcus told me this.

if i ever get my copy back i will do any one a copy who wants one :cheers:

Alec01 the bitch you mentioned was called Sankeys Dancer and she had several good years, winning the Temple Bruer trophy on stoney land as well as the A.L.C. doubled up championship and the Forley cup (single handed) at the age of five, along with other less well publicised events.

Dancer.jpg

This is Dancer running in the A.L.C. doubles which she won just a week before beating Craig Nuttals famous match bitch Foxy in the Forley finals. She had already left her opponent more than one hundred yards adrift by the time she came by us. A split second after the pic was taken Dancer struck and missed, losing her footing and taking a spectacular tumble end over end which allowed the hare to make about 30 yards but this game bitch dragged herself up and ran on to pick up within the next 200 yards.

15200483828AM7685_TN.jpg

This is Blondie who won the most hotly contested Forley cup in millenium year with 6 hares from 6 runs, making Dancer the only Forley cup winner to produce a Forley cup winner.......both owned, bred and trained by Alan Sankey.

blondy.jpg

Lucky was a very good dog too, I have the tapes and was lucky enough to see him in the flesh several times when he competed in the Forley.

It would be a pity if these old bloodlines were to die off because of the twisted prejudices of political pygmies in London.

P.S. my avitar is a pic of one of my own bitches that I bred out of a saluki bitch and a son of Dancer. In her first season she took all three species of hare single handed.

Last edited by a moderator:
bolio said:
This is Blondie who won the most hotly contested Forley cup in millenium year with 6 hares from 6 runs, making Dancer the only Forley cup winner to produce a Forley cup winner.......both owned, bred and trained by Alan Sankey.
blondy.jpg

Lucky was a very good dog too, I have the tapes and was lucky enough to see him in the flesh several times when he competed in the Forley.

It would be a pity if these old bloodlines were to die off because of the twisted prejudices of political pygmies in London.

P.S. my avitar is a pic of one of my own bitches that I bred out of a saluki bitch and a son of Dancer. In her first season she took all three species of hare single handed.

Three species of hare? what would they be then!?

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back