The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Lump

Discussion in 'Dog Health' started by Violet Turner, Sep 1, 2018.

1. Violet Turner

Violet Turner Well-Known Member Registered

Good evening,

I’m in urgent need of help with this…

As some people may know I travelled back to the UK 4 days ago. When we were traveling I noticed a skin tag size lump on Doris’ neck parallel to her eye. I did not think anything of it.
    Tonight Olive was licking Doris’ neck and was nibbling at the neck area to remove this object. So I had a look and at the time it looked embedded in the skin like a tick would have been, so I asked my OH to remove it as I am able to but i am better at holding her even though she can be a maniac!
    We cut some fur away and in about 10 mins it was off. We are still unsure of what it is. It has made me quite nervous as I'm not willing to give up on here so soon :( Here is a picture of it in my hand–
    Doris fur.jpeg
    Its not quite clear... Doris fur.jpeg

2. JudyN

JudyN Well-Known Member Registered

What can you see on Doris's neck now - is there a hole/wound where it was? It's not really possible to tell from the photo, but it could be something like a scab that's fallen off a small wound - if you put it on some kitchen towel and dampened it you might be able to see if it's dirt, dried blood, or a solid mass.

But obviously, if you're at all concerned you should check with your vet - hang onto the whatever-it-is in case it helps the vet id it.

3. JoanneF

JoanneF Well-Known Member Registered

It's not clear but could it be a bit of a twig? I'm guessing not; as you would have recognised that but that's what the picture looks like.

4. Violet Turner

Violet Turner Well-Known Member Registered

@JudyN i used your tip its blood. There is a small wound. Will ask the vet