The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Lurcher Behaviour

Notacolly

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi,

Just thought I'd pick some brains about my lurcher. He's a 3 year old BC/Whppet cross. I have had him since 12 weeks, so he's here to stay. He lives with me and my human family, and 3 aussies. My aussie puppy is 4 months old and a bitch, so I'm aware things may change. However, Sparky has learned very quickly how to keep my male adult aussies in their place. He was castrated at 5 months (thank goodness!!). He can be the most manipulative, sly, conniving, thieving little ****, and I have never had a dog like him before!! I've had a collie, and he wasn't like that. Is it a whippet trait, or the result of the cross? I hasten to add, we love him dearly, and (usually) wouldn't be without him!!!

Penny

I would LOVE to see some pics, could you post some PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!

FoxyDog

Definitely we need pictures!

My Sophie is a BC/whippet x too, she's the one right in the middle of the mob. She's a whippet size and shape, but red merle colouring with one blue and one brown eye :wub:

alldogs2.jpg

We've only had her since January, she has had a horrible past and was scared of her own shadow when she arrived but we're just beginning to see a much cheekier, naughtier personality coming through!

FeeFee said:
Definitely we need pictures!
My Sophie is a BC/whippet x too, she's the one right in the middle of the mob.  She's a whippet size and shape, but red merle colouring with one blue and one brown eye  :wub:

alldogs2.jpg

We've only had her since January, she has had a horrible past and was scared of her own shadow when she arrived but we're just beginning to see a much cheekier, naughtier personality coming through!

Sparky is almost the double of your Sophie, but not as red. Has one blue and one marbled eye.

Have tried to upload pics, but failed , will have to seek advice!!!

I read somewhere that the word"lur" is Romany for "thief" and "cur" is a derogatory term for a dog so put the 2 together & what have you got? LURCUR aka Lurcher

My Hebe even answers to "You :rant: thieving mongrel" :lol: :lol:

On the upside the house is tidier than it's ever been cos nothing even vaguely edible, & that's pretty much anything :x , is ever left within pointy nose range.

Sparky answers to you b****y skip rat!!!!! Eats all the good bits out of the bin, then leaves rubbish everywhere!! Watches us eating (from a distance), then disappears into the kitchen to lick the plates when no-one looking!! Even my aussies aren't as naughty!1

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back