The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Lurcherworld League Update

sky

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Sorry for the delay in posting the league table.

Anyway, here they are.

Hope you all enjoyed the show in a brill setting! :D

LEAGUE_TABLES.htm

Attachments

• LEAGUE_TABLES.htm
    24.4 KB · Views: 189
sorry little confused :( in the league table the top dog will win automatically £200.00 at the end of the season? so will there be a final/championships and if so how many dogs qualify from each event? :cheers:

jml said:
sorry little confused :( in the league table the top dog will win automatically £200.00 at the end of the season? so will there be a final/championships and if so how many dogs qualify from each event? :cheers:
Hi, yeah the overall points leader for each event, will win £200, the superdog title, presentation jacket and perpetual shield. The next 32 dogs (2 cards) in the league table for any particular event will qualify for the final of that event. The winner of the final will receive £100 reserve will receive £50 and trophys of course. Hope this helps to make things clearer.

thanks yeah i understand it now :cheers:

does anyone else think there is a flaw in how the championship will be decided?as i see it the dog with the most points may not necessarily be the fastest but the one that has attended the most shows!anyone that saw ollie run at burleigh would be surprised to see anyone beat him and yet he is only third.it looks like hes got a bit of travelling to do to retain his title.

chill36 said:
does anyone else think there is a flaw in how the championship will be decided?as i see it the dog with the most points may not necessarily be the fastest but the one that has attended the most shows!anyone that saw ollie run at burleigh would be surprised to see anyone beat him and yet he is only third.it looks like hes got a bit of travelling to do to retain his title.
hi im the owner of ollie yeh the new league is a stupid idea im gunna travel 2 as many as we can 2 try n race different dogs win or loose the super league it means nothing 2 win it the main day is at belvoir when you race the top 16 dogs i had a pass for belvoir but that somehow went out the window with this new league (i havent still been notified of this)

All credit to Lurcherworld on trying to give owners,something different to win :thumbsup: but do think Super League is not the best event to win.Agree with Darren,the prestige comes with winning Lurcherworld Finals at Belvoir.There all the fast dogs get to race each other,and the winners at this event can claim to have the best dogs. :thumbsup: :D

rodders said:
All credit to Lurcherworld on trying to give owners,something different to win :thumbsup: but do think Super League is not the best event to win.Agree with Darren,the prestige comes with winning Lurcherworld Finals at Belvoir.There all the fast dogs get to race each other,and the winners at this event can claim to have the best dogs. :thumbsup:   :D

have to say i agree , the league is an innovative idea but kicks me up the bollox as im 4000000 miles away so cant get to them all, as much as i like too.

BELVOIR CASTLE LURCHERWORLD FINALS WAS EASILY THE BEST COMPETITION TO COMPETE IN ...BRING EM BACK !!!

rodders said:
All credit to Lurcherworld on trying to give owners,something different to win :thumbsup: but do think Super League is not the best event to win.Agree with Darren,the prestige comes with winning Lurcherworld Finals at Belvoir.There all the fast dogs get to race each other,and the winners at this event can claim to have the best dogs. :thumbsup:   :D
The superleague is designed to reward the consistant racer not the one off qualify hit and win. Anyone can save their dog for the final and produce a one off hit. In our opinion the superleague competition holds far more weight proving stamina, consistancy and dedication of the owner in keeping their dog fit to race. In fairness it deserves to be rewarded.

Once again just for Ollie we would like to inform people that our finals have been extended to a 32 dog stake and unfortunately last years winners need to requalify as it is a new competition with a new structure. We are sure last years winners will qualify with a little bit of effort. If anyone has a problem with this please give us a ring.

Not knocking Super League, Dorne think its a good idea,and like I said gives lurcher owners something else to win :thumbsup: but my reasons for thinking Finals hold the most prestige are because not everybody can travel to all the shows,wether that be mileage as in Johns case,or the need of money to travel to all the shows.If someone has the fastest dog in the country,but only travels to a couple of shows,then travels to the finals and wins its respective height class,then to me personally it has achieved the best possible result,as it would of had to race and beat all the qualifiers from the Superleague. :thumbsup:You are right to reward people for following Lurcherworld Shows,that way a dog that is not quite the fastest stands a chance of winning something :thumbsup: but just because someone doesn't attend all the shows,doesn't mean they are less dedicated,or that their dogs have less stamina or that they are less consistant.I have never had anything other than praise for Lurcherworld and there workers,think you all do a brilliant and all too often thankless task,just don't want you to lose perspective on what has become a 'well known' and 'prestigious' event as your finals :thumbsup: :D Karen

hi

i think its a good idea, all new things have a few hic-cups, but the longer it runs the better it will get. it has brought more people to the shows i,ve seen some really good racing, the more people are talking about it, the more people get to know about it, which means more people, more dogs . i say GOOD LUCK to LURCHER WORLD. they cant make everybody happy, they can only try

JUST MY THOUGHTS

CAT :cheers:

i had a big thinking day thats it for the next 2 months

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back