The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Lure Coursing For Saluki & Ibizan Hound

wobblywitch

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi, apologies if this is listed somewhere else, but I couldn't find anything in search. I wondered if anybody can tell me if there are any lure coursing clubs or events in my area - Nottinghamshire or Derbyshire?

We've got a Saluki and an Ibizan hound who we are keen to have a go with. I've had a look at the BFSA website, but they don't seem to keep it updated, so I don't know where their events are taking place :(

Any info on clubs or events in my area would be geat :cheers:

Here's my hounds

Mylo

MYLOSLOW.jpg

and

Tilly Tango

tango.jpg

Hi there -

The BSFA don't state the locations of their events anty longer due to several salukis being stolen from a meet last year. However, all their events are now held near Newbury on a permananent site.

Beautiful hounds by the way :* I hope someone else may be able to help you :D

~JO~ said:
The BSFA don't state the locations of their events anty longer due to several salukis being stolen from a meet last year.  However, all their events are now held near Newbury on a permananent site.
aha, that explains it - how awful though, what is the world comming to? Thanks for the info, I think that will be a little too far for me to travel. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
The Heart of England Whippet racing club is on the outskirts of tamworth to the north oif it in fact and im sure if you came along you would be aload a run though not against the racing whippets. we are alos hoping to do a bend later on in the year as well as probably doing somer lure coursing pm me for details if your interested, Henry.

Wobbly witch nice looking dogs, do you work them? they look fit and well cared for.

MURPHY 1 said:
Wobbly witch nice looking dogs, do you work them? they look fit and well cared for.
Hi Murphy, thanks for the compliment. We've worked the Saluki just a handful of times, he's only been with us since last September and the permission we have is full of brambles, so have to rely on invites. Tilly the Ibizan Hound has only been with us for 3 weeks and is still settling in, but would love to take her out sometime too. I'm trying to get some weight on her at the moment, but it's proving difficult, even with tripe and wings :blink:

Since the ban is in place I thought it would be ideal to get them into lure coursing, but it all seems to be based down south, or whippet based up here :(

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back