The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

MADE in CHINA !!

excuseme

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I have just recieved a box of disposable face masks from BOOTS that I ordered only 2 days ago 14/07.
To my horror printed on the box it says, MADE in CHINA:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
Would you consider these as being safe to use, especially as the Covid 19 virus has reportedly come from China!:eek:
How do we know whether these masks have, or have not, been infected with a strong
dose of the virus. What a quick way for the Chinese to infect us all and start things off again.
I'm really very worried about using them. Or am I being just very stupid and worried about nothing!:oops:

I ordered mine from boots as they source only from this country and no i dont think you are being stupid ...i dont trust anything from china now .....
I think the chinese infecting the whole world has already happened. ...germ warfare at its best ...:confused:

Have yours arrived yet?
Do check on the packaging very carefully!:eek::eek:

Covid started in China, but it's spread everywhere - not sure what the prevalence rate is there right now, but it might not be that different to other countries. More importantly, though, the virus only lasts on softer surfaces for a few days at most, probably less. They were probably packaged days ago, so they should be perfectly safe by now. Personally I'd use them.

Leave them in a clean bag for 72 hours- will be safe to use after this. Obviously wash your hands well after handling packaging they came in as well. My dog-walking trousers arrived from M&S yesterday- the entire package will be in purdah till next Monday probably. When they won't fit :eek: and I'll send 'em back!

Even the PPE that NHS use or big part of it is sourced from China as any manufactures closer to home are not able to make them in a quantity that is required by not only this country but in rest of the Europe too.
I have some of the paper ones that I bought from our local pharmacy and I'm not worried using them. As already stated, they've had to travel over, then being distributed for retail, they've standing in pharmacy stock some time and now when I have them....I wiped the outer packet with sanitizer before opening it for handling and then majority in of the masks are staying packet just waiting.... any possible chance of a virus passing to their user has long gone. I see it bigger possibility to getting it from the other people.

I hate them Chinese , dirty rotten scum sucking pondlife,, everything we seem to get nowadays is from them nuts,

If I do keep them I will not use them until the end of September or longer.
I think I had better make a serious effort to make some of our own. I have looked for some elastic for the ear fittings but there is only the wide stuff of 1/2 inch or wider.

All of our shopping is thoroughly wiped over with hot soapy water with some bleach in it before it is put away, shopping bags are also wiped inside and out when finished with each time.

It’s crazy what we now do hehe, I also wash everything that comes into house, everything I touch outside anywhere I just go to my pocket and pump some surface cleaner onto my hands,, I’ve always had supper tough hands so nothing hurts them , anybody use a snood to cover there face? I got one today as it’s red and that’s my colour hehe,

China reported just three new cases (2 of them asympotomatic) of the virus in the last 24 hours, the US reported 77,300. Data coming from China is hardly reliable, but items coming from them are likely to be as safe, or safer, than those from the US. Or Leicester, come to that.

Not that there isn't a lot wrong with China, and plenty of reasons for us to avoid buying from them. But the safety of their masks isn't an issue given how long the virus can survive.

Another thought on risk assessment (at which humans are relly bad) - in my local authority, there have been four new confirmed cases in the last week, out of a population of 394,000. Based on this figure (which may change, of course), and based on a diagnosed over-80 (I've selected a relatively vulnerable age group) having a 20% chance of being hospitalised, that means that the chances of a similarly vulnerable person in my area needing to be hospitalised because of the virus in the next week is 0.8 in 394,000.

Based on figures I've found online, and a few sums which I hope I got right, my chance of being seriously injured or dying in a road traffic accident over the next week is 3.1 out of 394,000. Yet I'm not in the slightest bit worried about dying in an RTA in the next week.

So of course, we should take steps to reduce our risk, just as we wear seat belts when driving, and cross roads carefully. But we should at least be aware of what the true risk is so we can make fully informed decisions about what steps we want to take.

Maybe we could get our economy going well again by making all the things we have been getting from China in sufficient quantities to supply ourselves and other. We were a great manufacturing country once and this could be our time to be so again.

Maybe we could get our economy going well again by making all the things we have been getting from China in sufficient quantities to supply ourselves and other. We were a great manufacturing country once and this could be our time to be so again.

That would be nice - it would require enormous political will though as we'd never be able to compete on price and most people are driven by that (often out of necessity). Even better would be if we stopped buying tatt we don't need. Though at the moment, that's precisely what the government want us to do...

I have just recieved a box of disposable face masks from BOOTS that I ordered only 2 days ago 14/07.
To my horror printed on the box it says, MADE in CHINA:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
Would you consider these as being safe to use, especially as the Covid 19 virus has reportedly come from China!:eek:
How do we know whether these masks have, or have not, been infected with a strong
dose of the virus. What a quick way for the Chinese to infect us all and start things off again.
I'm really very worried about using them. Or am I being just very stupid and worried about nothing!:oops:
.[/QUO

Hi you're not being stupid. In fact caution is the order of the day now. I baught some mask in Tesco and i opened the package and put them in the tumble dryer for 5 minutes on high heat. I thoroughly scrubbed my hands and repackaged them in a zip lock bag when cooled.
Saftey 1st in everything from now onwards.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back