The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Magic Trick

CHRIS DOYLE

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Now I can't keep this to myself for any longer. Like me you probably thought that the cheetah was the fastest animal and that is probably still true, However, there is one animal that would not be far behind. That animal is a whippet but more particularly, my whippet, Magic Trick(the legend) We were corsing this afternoon over 60 acres of rape. The hares in this area are huge, east anglian coursers will know what I mean, the northern lads will just have to imagine, i'msorry! Anyway one of these giants gets up I give it fair law of about 70 yards and slip the trick. They both run away from me then Magic Trick turns the giant through 180 and courses it back towards and in front of me. The speed of my dog as it continued to turn the beast was breathtaking. You who know and respect me also know that I could never lie over such a serious subject. The course continued for a further 2 minutes before the hare was lost to a gap in the hedge and some game cover. On her way back to me, yes you've guessed it , up gets another hare, even bigger than the last one and it all kicks off again. I only took the Trick out for a short training session in preparation for this Saturday and ended up with the sport most of you can only dream about. Hey Ho.

I don't know how I do it

Lamping man

Chris . Have you tryed A. A. they helped George Best . ?

All the best Clive.

They ALL look fast running past trees, Lampy......we'll be able to judge it when there's one beside it.

I must admit there is nothing more exhilarating than seeing nature at it`s best , Seeing your Dog doing what comes naturally, I used to go watch the Greyhound Coursing in North lLincs area and the hares there do look huge compared to some round Notts Fields ,

On one meeting we saw a hare stop in front of the dogs and do a somersalt backwards over the dogs leaving them looking into space, an old stager next to me said he `d never seen anything like that in 60years of coursing!.

All my dogs get to chase are crows and seagulls (woody at 8 has caught a crow)and maybe the odd rabbit and squirell :D

Note for CCS. I'm beginning to think that he doesn't take me seriously. I wonder why. As for George Best, was he Home start or Relay?? LM

hi lamping man your talent is wasted you should wright abook (or two), a novice racer courcer like me needs someone to look up too , can i have your autograph & a signed copy of your first book please, thanks :p

LM for PM !!!!!! , SEE YOU SAT LAMPIE , Be ready as the one eyed dog is on its way , ALL THE BEST , COURSING MAN

Hi Coursing Man. Yes we're ready for Saturday. Looking forward to seeing Starry. If the Trick is to lose then I couldn't think of another bitch I would sooner lose to!

The Shiner is in season as of yesterday so is probably out for Sat. See yer

Always striving for perfection

Lamping man

Note for young Bywater. I 'm thinking about your request. You are obviously aware that I only have so much time and Saucey and the Trick come first in my priorities. You must try and get to Kessingland beach I'll show you what the girls can do on a 200 yard straight. Bring Greeny with you I think he needs help.

The ever benevolent

Lamping man

Message for Essex man. Las t saturday Essex I think you said you may bring your lure winder to the next meeting so I can have a quick look. I am interested to see the reel. I f you could i'd be obliged. See you then.

The ever hopeful

Lamping man

Just mind that they don't tread on a crab, Lampy........don't want any injuries at this late stage :0

See you soon....remember black and white.......or is that white and black ???

In sport GREENY

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back