The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Maltipoo help with grooming 'clippers'

magicmerlin

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I have a Maltipoo (half poodle and maltese) Please can anyone help with a grooming question? I bought a Wahl moser arco cordless clippers and I am having problems. The clippers are clean and new its just not taking any fur off. I have tried on the combs and even bought the stainless steel comb set. I have tried with no comb on and its the same. Am I doing something daft? If you could assist I would be most grateful

Can you give more info? Are the blades making contact with the hair but not cutting through, or are they just not reaching the hair through the guard comb? I have to sort of hold timber's skin taut and be gently firm with the clippers.

Hi thank you very much for replying. Its just taking a tiny bit of hair (so small its crazy!)

I have tried it with all the guard combs and without any and its still the same.

The blades are making contact but just not cutting through ?

I'd return them. It doesnt sound right. I'm not sure the home use ones are designed to get a really close clip though, I suspect they think us amateurs will have shredded dogs if they let us clip too close!

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back