The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Many Dogs kept in dark van for many hours.

Sam1971

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi all
I am new to the site.
I want to just ask for opinions on this delicate subject.
A friend of mine knows a dog trainer quite well that travels the country in a large van (transit size) and the van is FULL of dogs.
Now I need to tread carefully as I am not looking to get anyone into trouble and there’s a strong possibility that this person and/or some of their clients maybe on this site, so at this point I am just looking for some feedback.
I know this doesn’t sound too much of an issue but the dogs are kept in crates for many hours, most days and the inside of the van is pitch black.
I am also aware that the dogs are taken out for walks and toilet breaks every so often but I believe this is an unacceptable way to treat dogs.
At least a dozen dogs all in crates inside a dark van for many hours, most days.
Is this inappropriate or am I being over sensitive?
Thanks for reading.

"A friend of yours"

This is known as "firing other people's bullets". Or else is trolling. You have not seen this and don't know how it is in reality. It's up to the person who has actually seen what is going on to take the relevant steps.

"A friend of yours"

This is known as "firing other people's bullets". Or else is trolling. You have not seen this and don't know how it is in reality. It's up to the person who has actually seen what is going on to take the relevant steps.
Thanks for your expert advice. The friend is very old and does not have internet access. Not the opinion I was looking for but Thanks!

I very much doubt you're trolling, and the situation at face value doesn't seem great, but I think you'd be very limited in what you can do. For one, you have second-hand information, and for another thing, if the dogs are being regularly(ish) toileted and walked, the authorities would be very unlikely even to investigate.

If your friend is really concerned, they could try ringing the local dog warden - at least then they'd feel they have done what they could.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back