The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Mast cell tumour

Nico2015

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi. My 6 year old Staffordshire bull terrier has recently been diagnosed with a mast cell tumour, I noticed the lump around a month ago and at the vets was just told to keep an eye on it, it’s only recently just been diagnosed after taking her back. She is having an operation on Monday to remove it but they did say due to location it may not be possible to remove all of it. I won’t no if it has spread until after the surgery when it has been sent of. How likely could it have spread in a month? Is it more likely she will make a full recovery? Anyone got any experience with a situation like this? Thank you !

My dog had one, about 6 years ago. It was totally removed though. I was really worried at the time, obviously, just as you are; but he has been fine ever since.

Just by coincidence, one of my friends sent me an article earlier this week because she knew about my dog.

Benadryl For Dogs With Mast Cell Tumors: How It Can Help

It is a frightening time, I hope the operation is as successful for her as it was for my boy (who is curled up beside me with no care in the world)

My dog had one, about 6 years ago. It was totally removed though. I was really worried at the time, obviously, just as you are; but he has been fine ever since.

Just by coincidence, one of my friends sent me an article earlier this week because she knew about my dog.

Benadryl For Dogs With Mast Cell Tumors: How It Can Help

It is a frightening time, I hope the operation is as successful for her as it was for my boy (who is curled up beside me with no care in the world)

my worry is that because the vets dident rule it out a month ago it would have had time to spread, obviously the possibility of maybe not being able
To remove it all aswell. It’s on her back leg, thank you for your reply

My dog had his for quite a while - without going into detail, the vet didn't diagnose it as a MCT to start with. I know it's hard not to worry, but we will keep everything crossed for you for a successful procedure.

My dog had his for quite a while - without going into detail, the vet didn't diagnose it as a MCT to start with. I know it's hard not to worry, but we will keep everything crossed for you for a successful procedure.

thank you glad your dog is ok. Hers has been diagnosed as a mast cell tumour as she had a needle aspirate just need to wait to see what grade it is and if it’s spread

Please do let us know how she gets on.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back