The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Meat Supply

oakmoorehill

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Yesterday we took Zoe to the vets for her second puppy jab . On the way back we decided to take a different route than normal. I mentioned to OH that there was an abortior near to where we were so we decided to look for it and found it.

They have their own shop so we went in to look around A gentleman in a shirt and tie came out of the back and asked if we needed any help . We told him we were after some meat for the dogs .He spent a long while telling us of all the things he could supply us with including meat that had been sent back from the butchers we could have at 30p a lb and a big piece of flank at 59p lb.

So we had the piece of flank and a bag of mince 7 lb in weight for £2.10 and the flank was 15 lb in weight and cost just under £9 .He also told us he would do us our meat at trade price .We also had a piece of pork for us. Altogether it cost us £14 and they also through in a couple of fresh pigs ears to see if they would eat them

OH roasted the ears and William and Zoe scoffed them there was also 4 nice rib bones in the flank for Zoe my whippets wont touch bones

The man then gave me a aper on which he had written lean flank @59p lb and signed it unknown to us he was the owner and told us if he wasn't there to take it to reception and they'd tell the lads to get it out for me :thumbsup:

Both us and the dogs think he's a very nice man

the piece of flank had a tag on it saying when the cow had been slaughtered even the time and its ear tag number

oakmoorehill said:
Yesterday we took Zoe to the vets for her second puppy jab . On the way back we decided to take a different route than normal. I mentioned to OH that there was an abortior near to where we were so we decided to look for it and found it.  They have their own shop so we went in to look around A gentleman in a shirt and tie came out of the back and asked if we needed any help . We told him we were after some meat for the dogs .He spent a long while telling us of all the things he could supply us with including meat that had been sent back from the butchers we could have at 30p a lb and a big piece of flank at 59p lb.

So we had the piece of flank and a bag of mince 7 lb in weight for £2.10 and the flank was  15 lb in weight and cost just under £9 .He also told us he would do us our meat at trade price .We also had a piece of pork for us. Altogether it cost us £14 and they also through in a couple of fresh pigs ears to see if they would eat them

OH roasted the ears and William and Zoe scoffed them there was also 4 nice rib bones in the flank for Zoe my whippets wont touch bones

The man then gave me a aper on which he had written lean flank @59p lb and signed it unknown to us he was the owner and told us if he wasn't there to take it to reception and they'd tell the lads to get it out for me :thumbsup:

Both us and the dogs think he's a very nice man

the piece of flank had a tag on it saying when the cow had been slaughtered even the time and its ear tag number

would that be the abbattior at kidsgrove Helen

thanks

keith :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back