The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Message From B.w.r.a. Committee

john m

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Unfortunately the sports club at Asfordby are unable to accommodate the Easter three-day event, therefore we shall run the Lord Byron and the Spring Pups on Easter Sunday at Asfordby and a date will be found for the I.B.M. and Spring Classic events.

On the Easter Sunday event no vehicles can be parked near the track, please use all the car parks.

Also the Events due to be held at Asfordby on September 24th and 25th will also have to be cancelled and another venue acquired.

This is due to prior bookings for the use of the Asfordby sports ground.

PP Doreen Hopkins Sec B.W.R.A.

Maybe I'm reading between the lines here - but it makes you wonder if the OWNER of the Ashfordby Sports Club really wants us "Whippets Racers/dogs" there. :oops: Just a thought o:) !!!!!

It is an unfortunate fact that those who own sports grounds can make far more money by letting the area for football than they can for our sport.

The Asfordby complex isnt run just for whippet racing, that would be nice to think so but they like most clubs, they cannot afford to run at a loss and football is a big money spinner to them.

I am sure that out of football season we are most welcome at Asfordby but it is their ground and we only pay for when we use it or are allowed to use it.

I am sure that the B.W.R.A. would like to hear some alternatives that we may be able to use, bearing in mind the facilities that we as whippet racers seem to require for weekend events.

:eek: As always ppl read what isnt there ..... between the lines ...... Asfordby have and always will host alot of big whippet events. Its a shame these dates were not available because thay are unable to accommate caravan on these dates.

Why not try doing something to promote racing instead of speading gossip and ill feeling.

Asking dos more good than reading between the lines.

ASFORDBY NOT WANTING US WHIPPETERS ........ WHAT RUBBISH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The agm was held at asfordby one of the committee could of gone to the bar and checked the dates were free while the meeting was going on. Im sure alternate dates could have been sorted there and then.

it looks more n more likely that theyre guna b goin bk to old hall doesnt it....

Tanya, how dare you accuse me of spreading gossip, when all I was merely doing was making an observation. I am NOT the sort of person that goes around causing ill feeling or spreading gossip, so I suggest next time think before you speak. Oh! by the way what would you like for Christmas a DICTIONARY. Subject closed. :oops:

I was just pointing out a post like that

causes gossip :oops:

As for the DICTONARY Hmmmmmmmmm NO TA :)

piglet said:
it looks more n more likely that theyre guna b goin bk to old hall doesnt it....

oh god i for one hope not!!!!

A NOTICE FROM THE B.W.R.A.

Please note, that the Asfordby sports centre have been more than accommodating with helping the B.W.R.A. with their fixtures.

As soon as the dates were known after the A.G.M., Asfordby were informed of these dates. That was on the same day as the A.G.M.

The B.W.R.A. have no plans to go elsewhere, contrary to the rumours that some people would like to spread.

We will have to look for other racing tracks available for the events that cannot be fitted in at Asfordby, which does not mean that we will be leaving Asfordby.

It is up to the members as to where we run our events.

PP Doreen Hopkins B.W.R.A. sec

This would be an ideal opportunity to offer one of the northern clubs a chance of putting one on maybe even Scotland who say they want to put one on but never get a chance.

why not get the lord byron back up north i am sure there are clubs like stockton, dawdan or murton could stage it, just a thought :oops: as for ashfordby not wanting us there i would like to bet they would have us there every week with the amount of money that goes over the bar in a week-end :))

QUOTE (piglet @ Dec 10 2004, 10:33 PM)

WHATS WRONG WITH OLD HALL MANY YEARS OF QUALITY RACIN AS BEEN HELD AT OLD HALL

;) ;)

asfordby do a brill job of looking after us all at any event. but cant hold everything there all the time . and i agree with Andy nowt wrong with old hall lots of great racing has been held there ;)

this is just my opinion but old halls facilites are just terrible imo thats why i dont like it. i agree with john g the byron plate is a one day event now so yeah dawdon, stockton or murton r all brilliant tracks.

how long does it need to be? murton can get 160 yds.

lord byron should be held in the north anyway :oops:

i think aycliffe would be the perfect track to hold it. (facilities workers location)

back towards the north :)

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back