The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Mika my labrador

Kerry Spencer

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi
My labrador has a bauld patch when the fur has stopped growing, it has spread too. I have taken her to the vets they cannot find any reason why it would be there only that it being cosmetic and possible allaphica.
Does anyone recommend anything for this, it does look unsightly

Alopecia in dogs is a sign of an underlying medical cause which must be determined for the condition to be successfully treated, there is also 'seasonal alopecia' both could be an hormonal imbalance.
In people it is classified as an autoimmune disease and develops when your immune system attacks your hair follicles, this may be triggered by stress and it 'could' be the same for dogs.
So living stress free and building your dogs immune system certainly can't hurt regardless of what you eventually find is the reason.

I have experienced with my own dog in the past 'seasonal alopecia' which was a hormone imbalance and the other a bold patch on a friends cats neck was basically a chemical burn from them using 'flea treatment drops'.

As it is a medical issue the vet is the right person to determine the reason and what it is and treat it if possible.

I'd get a second opinion definitely somethings going on.

Do you use zoflora by any chance?
One of my moms goldens started loosing hair and she found out it was zoflora that was causing it. Just a thought

Hope you find the cause

I'd get a second opinion definitely somethings going on.

Do you use zoflora by any chance?
One of my moms goldens started loosing hair and she found out it was zoflora that was causing it. Just a thought

Hope you find the cause
That's not good - Zoflora is marketed as being pet safe. Do you know how your mum was using the product (as in neat, diluted, in laundry)? And did she contact the company?

Did the vet do a skin scrape test? And did s/he check the bald patch under ultra-violet light? Some types of mange glow under UV, and it's easily treated.

That's not good - Zoflora is marketed as being pet safe. Do you know how your mum was using the product (as in neat, diluted, in laundry)? And did she contact the company?

She dilutes it in water she used it for mopping the floors and her golden often would lie on the floors after they were cleaned but im not sure if they were dry or not

She dilutes it in water she used it for mopping the floors and her golden often would lie on the floors after they were cleaned but im not sure if they were dry or not
I believe the instructions do specify that it is safe when dry.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back