The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Miniature dachshund

harbans basra

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi all I have a long haired miniature dachshund he has no fleas keeps itching and biting his chest Legs and bum and has a red rash on his chest and is forming scabs from bitting. He eats dry food (Accana prairie) and gets whimzees as a treat now and again. Pls advise of any creams or sprays that might help or anything else thank you.

He really needs to be seen by a vet - there are several conditions that can cause itching and without knowing the cause, you won't be able to treat it.

I agree with JudyN here. Besides if you use the wrong cream you could make matters worse.

Please see the vet and get the right advice it could also save you a lot of money in the long term by getting the correct treatment early.

too much protein in diet , feed chappie canned food till protein lowers ,works a treat .

too much protein in diet , feed chappie canned food till protein lowers ,works a treat .
I'm sorry, but it is simply not possible to 'diagnose' that a dog needs less protein just because it has a skin rash and irritation. As said, there are several causes of rashes in dogs, and even vets who have seen the dog can often find them tricky to diagnose.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back