The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Molly update....it’s a strange one ..

Mayblossom

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
So we took Molly to the vets Tuesday evening after being diagnosed with incontinence , was given Urilin , 30 drops a day and start that evening . Gave her 10 drops when we got home at 8pm and she’s been dry ever since, not a single leak . Is this a miracle drug , a fluke or is she not incontinent after all? Rang the vet this morning and asked how quick the meds should take effect...about a week she says...told her about Molly and she was amazed. Now what do I do ? Leave it a few days to see if it was a fluke or take her off it and see if she starts leaking again? Poor girl hated wetting herself so a bit loathe to have her upset again ...then again don’t want her on drugs if we don’t have to ...

Did the vet rule out short term issues like a UTI? What about the dose - could it be reduced? I'd speak to the vet first.

I know what you mean though - I don't know much about how the medication does it's job but I would be tempted to stop it and see what happens. She could always go back on it especially with such quick results.

Yes Joanne, vet ruled out UTI , just suggested she will be more prone to them if these meds don't work. Spoke to the vet this morning and all she said was try without the drops and see what happens , she was quite amazed at the sudden change too. I might just have a couple more pee free days ;) then gradually reduce the dose and see how we go .

I was amazed that it was instant ! How can only 10 drops tighten her up in a couple of hours? Even the vet couldn’t believe it :emoji_confused: so maybe I should just carry on then ?

30 drops sounds alot ...when my girl had them 10 yrs ago i thought it was one drop per 2.3kg ......but yes she never leaked again after the first lot :) do you mean 10 drops 3x daily .....

Yes, she weighs 23 kg so according to the vet that’s the correct dose :) I’m so happy it worked so quickly! Did you have any side effects and was she on it for a long time?
She needs to lose about a kilo so guess I’ll have to adjust it when she does.

Mitzy was on it for the rest of her life from 9 until 13 ...her back legs gave up ....:(
She didnt have any side effects at all ..she had it 3 x daily and we never looked back :)

Aww bless her , so sad when we lose them :( thanks Kara, made me feel much happier re side effects, shouldn’t read the leaflets :D Molly is enjoying the extra little meals to put the drops in....downside is Lily terrier has to join her ;)

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back