The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

More Hill Walking Adventures

Sarah86

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I've had a very nice weekend hill walking with Penny, the weather has been good apart from some strong winds. Hope you like some of the photos i've taken over the past few days. Most of these are my Penny pics, I have all my scenic ones are on facebook.

First few are from the weekend when it was just my sister, me and Penny

On the way up

1199220953_xbGJq-L.jpg

She had her coat on as just 5 minutes earlier we had a quick passing shower of hail stones and there was a cold wind at the top

1199232545_oyeXQ-L.jpg

1199237359_e49qP-XL-1.jpg

Yesterday we headed to one of the hills a bit further east, it was lovely and sunny again but as we reached the top there was a strong and freezing wind so I only got one pic of Penny at the top. Having a rest halfway up

1200314430_Mey98-L.jpg

Almost there

1200336674_EhAWt-L.jpg

Not the greatest photo but a quick snap of Penny at the top before we quickly headed back down

1200290348_AdmqN-XL.jpg

View from the top

1200304974_Mtpvs-L.jpg

On Friday I set off with a friend in the direction of Castle Campbell, we ended up walking to the top of one of the hills behind it and then onto the reservoir.

Penny with Castle Campbell in the background

1198928854_XHTv8-XL.jpg

Saddle Hill, before we set off

1198935673_YaGzW-XL.jpg

peek a boo

1198936605_Cpxce-L.jpg

1199090158_LGHhP-XL.jpg

1198938802_t6jzV-L.jpg

Come on lets get going!

1198933894_cgagc-L.jpg

At the top! Looking a bit wind swept!

1199095053_ooGcm-XL.jpg

Penny at the top of Saddle Hill

1199086786_r4pQo-XL.jpg

Investigating a bit of snow

1199100067_BfheE-L.jpg

Glenquey Reservoir in the background

1199108346_eTXd9-XL.jpg

Always looking at something

1199102784_p3Qei-XL.jpg

Ready to go home

1199110757_uSHKN-L.jpg

1199117397_Zfciq-XL.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Lovely photos of Penny and the beautiful countryside Sarah. :wub: :wub: :wub: Thanks for sharing them. :thumbsup:

I notice Penny had a wardrobe change between walks!! She has some very pretty collars. :)

I would love mine to wear fabric collars more (they have a couple each) but Dolly rolls so often in revolting stuff :x :x that I keep them in leather collars that are easier to wash clean. :-

Really superb photos; it looked a great weekend weather wise on the whole.

I especially like the photo of Penny posing at the top of Saddle Hill

Wow you guys must be really fit those must be some steep mountains! Penny looking fab as usual :wub: I love the wind swept one :lol: I had to laugh at sarah noticing the wardrobe change but yea when i looked back i could see the other collar Lol pretty as usual :thumbsup: xx

Ps watch this space we've got a couple of new collars coming our way ha ha

Thank you for the nice comments it really was a great weekend weatherwise, me and my sister have just started hill walking and really enjoy it and Penny likes it too she is the fittest out us all - never puffing at the steep bits! It is a good way to try and keep fit while Penny is still at an age where it isn't too much for her. We are hoping to try some different hills outwith this area in the spring for a change of scene but I never tire of our local hills. The one at the top of saddle hill is one of my favourites too, even though I asked her to stand like that I thought it would make a nice shot of her at the very top :)

Yes she does have a wardrobe of collars :lol: Sarah Penny rolls in things too and the material ones aren't too bad for washing they just don't dry as quick as leather ones although I do try and judge where we are going first so she doesn't wear anything too posh if there is a chance of fox poo lol She does have a leather one for when out with my dad which has had to get washed quite a bit! Look forward to seeing Dotty and Dukes new collars!

Lovely photos as ever...I feel I'm really getting to know the Ochills well :- )

Gorgeous photos Sarah, my lungs feel full of fresh air just looking at them :) I particularly like the one of Penny at Glenquey Reservoir, lovely.

Great pics as always Sarah :thumbsup:

Lovely photos as ever...I feel I'm really getting to know the Ochills well :- )
I don't know how I posted that whistling smilie...it was meant to be this one. :)) I love your hill shots. :thumbsup:

Wow sarah what a fantastic place, lovely scenery and penny makes each one so much better :wub: :wub: :wub:

Thank you for the lovely comments :)) Lol don't worry Nicola I knew you weren't being cheeky :)) Hopefully you will get to see more of them in the coming months as we still have lots to explore and hope to head to the higher ones soon!

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back