The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

More Questions: Boys V Girls

Winslow Mum

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Thank you everybody for your help with the toilet training question. It seems it is about the dog and not the sex. So, now more questions...

I saw a litter today whom I loved. I have generally thought I would go for a dog, as I've been told they bond better and thus do a bit better on the recall, but a little lady climbed up into my lap today and fell asleep. Adorable.

Does anyone have any advice on whether boys or girls recall better?

I had no trouble training my girl Izzy, she is very loving, loyal and obedient :thumbsup:

Bluebell is the most incredibly loving dog in the world - have to keep an eye on her when she's pottering as she gets a look in her eye and before you know it she's in my arms needing a cuddle! :huggles:

Her recall is spot on too :thumbsup:

I think dogs and bitches both ignore us on a regular basis , dont matter what sex they are :lol:

Boys, however IMO are alot more loving,and are real `mummies boys ` .

Over the years Ive had 6 boys and 12 girls :cheers: and EVERY boy has been loving,where as I cant say the same for all the girls

Boys for me :huggles:

I have 1 of each and although both are cuddly with the girl its on her terms, my boy just wants to be with me all the time :wub:

If the bond is there, the recall will come :thumbsup: Follow your heart :wub:

It takes time and patience whether boy or girl :D

My girls are all very good on recall (especially little Sox), the boy is a bit vague about it all at the moment :lol:

I agree boys are very loving but my two girls are just as loving. It's all about temperament. If a little girl in that litter climbed on your lap and fell asleep then it sounds as though she's made up her mind and is waiting for you to catch up! :- " :lol: :lol:

Winslow Mum said:
Thank you everybody for your help with the toilet training question.  It seems it is about the dog and not the sex.  So, now more questions...
I saw a litter today whom I loved.  I have generally thought I would go for a dog, as I've been told they bond better  and thus do a bit better on the recall, but a little lady climbed up into my lap today and fell asleep.  Adorable. 

Does anyone have any advice on whether boys or girls recall better?

I have one of each and i have found the girly is more loyal and was easier to train. i can let the girly walk along side me off the lead without any worries, but the dog if i let him off he would bolt as soon as the lead left his collar.

it took longer to get the dog to recall properly but he now comes back just as well as my girly.

hope it helps

karan xxxx

Hilary & Hounds said:
I agree boys are very loving but my two girls are just as loving. It's all about temperament. If a little girl in that litter climbed on your lap and fell asleep then it sounds as though she's made up her mind and is waiting for you to catch up! :- "  :lol:   :lol:
True true :thumbsup:

You often don't get to pick your puppy

Your puppy picks you :wub:

Thank you all verymuch for all your help. I'm sure I will have loads more questions for you soon!

think your question was answered whe she climbed onto your knee and fell asleep :wub:

we need pics when you bring her home :huggles:

My experience is that dogs can be more cuddly, bitches can some times but not always be a bit more aloof. On other hand dogs are more likely to go off roaming. They also tend to cock there leg on everything they pass which I find annoying, particularly if the target is some bloke sitting on the beach eating his lunch, which happened recently with us! Shades of grey. If you have no strong preference then as some one else said, perhaps you should let the pup choose you?!

We have a girl and she is very affectionate and cuddly, I find her a very loving dog. When she is off lead she does like to mooch about but always looks to check we are still there. Even with visitors to the house she is the perfect hostess and insists on sitting next to them on the couch for cuddles. Penny is our first dog though so I don't have any previous dogs to co her with, but I do wish that all future dogs I may have would be just like her in personality. There were 4 bitches for us to choose between, and I think you just know what ones for you, although all the other puppies were cute, I just knew Penny was the one for us :wub:

Just luck and can't wait to see pictures of your puppy when you get him/her

Sada would sit on your lap all night gazing into your eyes if

you let her. Kaya is loving as well but not as needy as Sada :))

Can't help with that I'm afraid. All the dogs I have ever owned have been boys. All I would say is that all the boys enjoy nothing better than a knee even if I'm not always comfortable. :thumbsup:

Well, Blue's a boy and he's the most cuddly wee fellow I've ever come across :huggles: :wub:

I don't have a female to compare him to though but another thing to consider would be that a bitch will come into season. Don't have any experience of this as I've only got a dog but maybe some other K9ers with bitches can offer some advice about how much of a problem this is or isn't :thumbsup:

Good luck :luck: and I hope you find the perfect whippet to join your family (although I have a sneaking suspicion she has already found you :- " )

Jill

x

I,ve got mostly boys,i find them very lovable and cuddly and easier to housetrained

Hi, I have one of each.

Izzy is definitly more aloof. She will ask for a cuddle but only when she wants one. She likes to play but again only when she is ready. She does come when called but thats more because she doesn't want to get left behind.

Albie is one big softie. He loves cuddles and hugs and kisses and always wants more. He loves to play especially fetch. He will follow me around the house and is always interested in what I have to say. However, he does have a very strong chase instinct though and the minute the lead is let off, he disappears.

Having said all that I love them both.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back