The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Most Memorable April Fool Day

Schmick

Graeme
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Back in the early 70's Rockhampton had a larger than life Radio DJ at the local Radio Station 990 4RO.

Cameron Suret was his name and he was always up for a prank. When a co-worker said on air that Dianna Ross' new song "Love Child" would go to no. 1. he begged to differ and placed a bet that he would walk down the Main Street of Rocky in his underwear if he lost. Well he did loose and walked down East Street in a womans nighty. With all the media in tow.

Anyway back on Topic.

Early morning on April fool's day Cameron announced on air that the Fitzroy River Bridge had a crack in it and that motorists needed to park at the riverside carparks on either side of the river and walk across the bridge to work. It was safe to walk across but the bridge could not handle road traffic!

Trouble is in his enthusiasm for a good joke he hadn't considered that the bridge was also part of Australia's national hiway (Hiway 1) and it was the only bridge that crossed the river in the city and the only bridge that crossed the Fitzroy within 70 km.

He also hadn't considered how dull some of the locals were. Mayhem followed. (w00t)

He was sacked :(

Excellent (w00t) (w00t) (w00t) :lol:

I remember, years ago, something was published in the national newspapers about having lost so much time over the years with putting the clocks forward and back that there was to be a complete change of date which meant losing/gaining time?? Something like that, anyway :lol:

Wish I could remember the details but pretty much everyone believed it at first :wacko:

i remember one year, Teletext had smelly vision, it was like 4 coloured boxes on the screen and they were all supose to smell different,

i remeber my uncle saying to my granny to come and smell this, its smelly vision and it smells great,

my granny was there for like 15mins trying to smell the tv, :clown:

my mum and dad called me a few years back at 5am saying "quick your dogs have all escaped i got up to make a cupa and they are all at my house, in the garden"

i panicked (yes i was half asleep)

got dressed drove to there house (which is 2 streets away hahaa :- )

and realised the date!

:lol: :lol: :lol: Yes April Fool's Day can be so cruel.

I dont think it was a April Fool's but the best 'joke' i've had played on me

was when i went to bed, it was dark and i just pulled the duvet back and

there was someone lying there, i screamed,flew round and crashed into

the door nearly knocking myself out.

It was a lifesize cardboard cut out of Michelle Pfeiffer that my son and his

mates had 'borrowed' from outside the cinema.

He was in his room laughing fit to bust and had a great time telling his

mates it had 'worked' ;)

:lol: Little bugger, bet that got your heart going lol

I dont think it was a April Fool's but the best 'joke' i've had played on mewas when i went to bed, it was dark and i just pulled the duvet back and

there was someone lying there, i screamed,flew round and crashed into

the door nearly knocking myself out.

It was a lifesize cardboard cut out of Michelle Pfeiffer that my son and his

mates had 'borrowed' from outside the cinema.

He was in his room laughing fit to bust and had a great time telling his

mates it had 'worked' ;)

Ann i have just put somthing on my FB go look see if it brings back memories :teehee:

just found it on you tube so heres the video for ann :clown:

OMG she very nearly had a heart attack....i would have killed him :lol: :lol: :lol:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back