The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Most ridiculous injury you have had in your life?

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Lounge' started by Reecedouglas1, Mar 3, 2019.

1. Reecedouglas1

Reecedouglas1 New Member Registered

I would say getting stabbed in the arm with a pen causing a small cut or having a cricket ball hut my head during a cricket game.

2. Kara 1

Kara 1 Well-Known Member Registered

Broke one wrist and fractured the other (at the same time )when i was 9 yrs old falling off a horse both wrists in plaster for 8 weeks was not fun !!!!

3. Mad Murphy

Mad Murphy Well-Known Member Registered

Bruised head.
    Newly married OH and I had words...
    I stomped out of the living room in the intention of going out but it was raining so I slammed the front door (as if Id left) but then went and hid in our walk in wardrobe...
    It turned into a game OH was called I know youre here and Im gonna find you'and tickle you to death'. I heard him go through all the rooms with this same silly chant and then it was only our room left,, he looked under the bed and then as the only place left he opened the wardrobe door... I laughed thinking he had seen me and stepped forward.
    He screamed and jumped back slamming the door as he did.. My head was caught between the door and the door frame...

His excuse 'it could have been anyone hiding in there'!

Jack-Russell-Lover likes this.
  4. Whippylove

Whippylove Well-Known Member Registered

Broke my collarbone after falling head first off a horse and knocked myself out o_O

5. Mad Murphy

Mad Murphy Well-Known Member Registered

oh wait edit to the above post.... as a child got thrown from a donkey in a donkey derby and sustained concussion after falling head first into a pile of donkey poo..

Whippylove and Mayblossom like this.
  6. Mayblossom

Mayblossom Well-Known Member Registered

Another pony related injury ...was spraying my pony with fly repellent before going for a ride and somehow tripped over a grooming brush ( should have gone to Specsavers :rolleyes:) fell backwards and put my wrist out to save myself and broke it very badly, the local hospital didn’t do broken bones so they said I could either go to Southampton or go to my own hospital in Epsom, travelled from the New Forest to Epsom in the horse lorry, so painful :( got to Epsom hospital only to be told I needed to go to another hospital as it needed an op and they had no one to do it! Went to other hospital, waited ages and was told come back in the morning :mad: they strapped me up , gave me some painkillers and sent me on my way :( second pony related accident as broke other wrist a few years earlier, again tripping over nothing , just stroking pony , moved back and fell over ....I’m hopeless :D

7. merlina

merlina Well-Known Member Registered

Broken toe- horse stepped on chicken which was going totally mental watched by bemused horse from its 16.2 hands height. :confused: Ran over and pushed horse off doing the click-click noise- it promptly moved over at speed and stepped on my foot. The chicken lived at least though walked with a limp for a while- as did I.

Mayblossom and Mad Murphy like this.
  8. JudyN

JudyN Well-Known Member Registered

Took a small jump over a ditch and felt a mild jarring below the knee. Result - hobbling for nearly three months and counting... (but the drugs are finally helping;)).

In general I'm not very accident prone. But I did go into the front room to close the curtains at dusk, which made the room very dark, then walk into a low side table which I could no longer see and got a cracking bruise on my shin.

merlina likes this.
  9. Nanny71

Nanny71 Well-Known Member Registered

Standing outside the cafe at Rutland Water to take photo took a step forward, not realising there were two steps. Broke my ankle.

Talking to friends in the garden turned round, tripped over my own doorstep, fractured wrist.

Riding with friends, one of the horses decided to kick mine as it passed, my horse reared I came off and he trod on me. Heard the tib and fib break. In the middle of nowhere. Friends heaved me back on, rode two miles home stirrupless.
    Heated discussion in A&E when they insisted on cutting my riding boots off.

Josie likes this.
  10. Nanny71

Nanny71 Well-Known Member Registered

Just wrote those and thought how ridiculous as I managed several parachute jumps with no injuries.

Josie likes this.
  11. JudyN

JudyN Well-Known Member Registered

Ouch! :eek:

Let's face it, @Nanny71, if you had had a parachuting accident you probably wouldn't be here to tell us about it ;)

Josie, Mayblossom and Nanny71 like this.
  12. Jack-Russell-Lover

Jack-Russell-Lover Well-Known Member Registered

Quite a few horse related ones here, although I spent my childhood around horses I can't think of any horsey related injuries!! Bar for of course the obvious ones that seem to be inevitable (having foot stood on many times, being kicked once or twice) :eek:

I haven't broken any bones (yet) but when I was young, about 7 or 8, I got up off the sofa and accidentally dunked my foot in my mum's fresh cup of tea (clearly didn't have a coffee table back then so it was on the floor, lol). Completely scalded it and had to have it all bandaged up for weeks! :eek::rolleyes:

13. AB123

AB123 New Member Registered

Walked into a glass door and broke my nose :emoji_face_palm: safe to say it wasn't my finest hour in A&E

Jack-Russell-Lover likes this.
  14. Janer

Janer Active Member Registered

Broke my leg in two places while playing football, kicked the ball it hit a tent peg, banged back into my leg, I toppled over onto another tent peg which broke my leg. Another time, riding my bike, fell off broke my arm. Roller skating fell over, broke my arm in two places, it was a nasty break my arm is not straight to this day. Horse riding, fell off going too fast on a bend and dislocated my little finger:rolleyes:

15. BEF

BEF Active Member Registered

My mum stuck her nose through the bars of our rats cage and got it bitten as they thought it was a tasty treat.
    Funniest thing is that it was RED NOSE DAY :D

Mad Murphy and JudyN like this.