The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Most Successful Whippet Racers

Vicky

Maid Your Point
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
To try & change the tone that this forum has taken of late i thought we'd try a topic on a lighter note!

In your opinion who is/has been the most succesful whippet racers & breeders?

Last edited by a moderator:
I doubt anyone will ever match their achievements, breeding or racing!!!

Come back Steve n Julie

colin and alison armstrong as well.......they have bred loads of decent dogs.......the more i think about it, the more people i can come up with

I agree with Pete n Anne lots off success with the Cheeky Anne breeding & offspring!! I think all their dogs go back to her!!

yes i agree with those selections but its funny how a good litter can change your status

in the whippet world.i was lucky enough to get a pup from ann and pete when i first started and boy i got my first title with him and then the bug just started from there lol.

aint lenny richardson had some good ens in his time ;)

Also Lucy & Arnie have had some good luck with both racing & breeding.

neil gilbert with his mickey mouse x sharpener litter

I think the mating between wonderwall and amie has produced some good racing dogs and all of them only young yet, this year may they may pick up a few titles....

:D hope you do dink, yr buying ;) don't forget :D

iF YOU MEAN THE THE MOST SUCCESFULL ON AMOUNT OF DOGS THEN PETER FITON WITH GOOD AS GOLD TOOK SOME BEATING, ALONG WITH MESSERS HODGETS WITH DASHER , THEY DID NOT HAVE LOTS OF DOGS TO GAIN THE HIGHEST HIGHTSIN OUR SPORT, BUT WHEN IT COMES DOIWN TO LONGTIVITY THE BATESONS TAKE SOME BEATING, RECENTLY TONY COOPER HAS COME RIGHT BACK TO THE TOP,WITH HIE ONE =O =ONE MUSTARD LITTER.

WELL I MUST AGREE WITH YOU THERE SCOTTY,

THE LITTERS FROM ONE-O-ONE ARE VERY GOOD, AND YES STEVE AND JULIE HAVE BRED SOME REAL CLASS ANIMALS. WOULD BE NICE TO SEE THEM RACING AGAIN :D

throuh my ongoing research on brood bitches

Linda windle as bred some great dog Lenny richardson don irene arundel

with their victoria line. Dave @Sue hudson had some gooduns.

I amjust doing a breeder @racer the Bellwood from yorks.

sup ncn rch time for venture

rch nch wild blueberry

rch steel venture

rch inter city

rch nch venture free

rch johnny venture

rch nch beau venture

rch la nikita

rch nch kels time

sup rch venture forth

AND not forgeting the crazy cracker and all is pups

i can think of a lott ,andy and molly paterson, john noble, john gill, too many to name, these are just a few who have all known great heights in whippet racing and breeding, not forgeting dave and mary chapman.

Yes Bruce and Diane BELLWOOD have bred some real good dogs and the offspring of these dogs have all been good..

It has to be Steve and Julie Bateson. In my opinion they changed the face of whippet racing in there professionalism to the sport. They have done it all, top racing dogs top stud dogs and breeding pups added to that there knowledge of traing, feeding and injuries.No one will ever beat the amount of rch's. It's just a pity they left the sport the way they did because there record has become tarnished, but make no mistake this couple were the greatest.

A few who deserve a mention

Ann + Peter Lagan

Dave + Mary Chapman

Dave + Sue Hudson

Colin + Alison Armstrong

Linda Windle

Tony Cooper

Bruce + Diane Bellwood

:D Hi, i would just like to add mick and rick clark the owners of micks mystery who is the stud dog to many and the breeder of my very own fancy free :D

I would like to add Davy Cooper. He bred a few littlers from his dogs Predator and Brooklyn. Think they were all open class dogs. He also bred My Choice and Predator to, think most of this litter were open class to.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back