The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Muzzle training going well

JoanneF

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
To comply with public transport rules, T will need to wear a muzzle. We did some training once before but I didn't like the muzzle, I thought it was heavy and clumsy. So I treated him to a lovely lightweight one that matches his collar and lead.

We have just been putting it on for a few minutes at a time and taking it off before he gets annoyed or fed up. But he seems quite chilled with it.

20230323_141254.jpg

Brilliant :)

The person who sells muzzles for Lurcher Link had several pointies who wore muzzles on walks. Apparently they got really excited when she had a large delivery, because that quantity of muzzles could only mean BIGGEST BESTEST WALKIES EVER!!:D

Jasper was fine with his, and let's face it, he wasn't a dog to tolerate something he really wasn't that keen on. In training, I found that once we got out the house, there was enough to distract him that he forgot he had it on.

To comply with public transport rules, T will need to wear a muzzle. We did some training once before but I didn't like the muzzle, I thought it was heavy and clumsy. So I treated him to a lovely lightweight one that matches his collar and lead.

We have just been putting it on for a few minutes at a time and taking it off before he gets annoyed or fed up. But he seems quite chilled with it.

View attachment 111980936
Public transport rules? Obviously I don’t get out much. Does it apply to all breeds or sizes? On holiday in the U.K. we use buses and/or ferries.

It won't be in the UK. We are planning a holiday and the ferry, and public transport in one of the countries we will visit, require dogs to be muzzled.

It won't be in the UK. We are planning a holiday and the ferry, and public transport in one of the countries we will visit, require dogs to be muzzled.
Merci pour ça, bonnes vacances.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back