The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

My 4 Week Old Lurcher Kills Rabbit ,stone Dead

stark

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
does this bode well for the future ?

pups_first_rabbit.jpg

I think he must be sharpening his teeth ready for the real thing :wub: :wub:

Very funny :thumbsup: That really did make me laugh!!! :lol: :lol:

What would be impressive is if he retrieved that to hand!!! (w00t)

I think four weeks is a little early to enter personally :D :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: Very good stark.

Reminds me of my bitch prancing around the garden trying to impress the new almost lifesize stone Deerhound I'd just got (flipping sighthound indeed). :- "

Last edited by a moderator:
we ll thanx guys i feeel really welcome this site is tops hi alec what do you use your lurcher for. i do lots of hunting mostly for foxes and deer il put some nice action pics up soon thanx again nice meeting yol

lurcherboy said:
we ll thanx guys  i feeel really welcome this site is tops hi alec what do you use your lurcher for. i do lots of hunting  mostly for foxes and deer il put some nice action pics up soon thanx again  nice meeting yol
i will be doing much the same as you m8, cant wait for mi pup to chow down on a charlie. :D

ALEC01 said:
we,ll mate its good to find someone the same as me i thought i was a weirdo now adays everyone is an anti and just take their lurchers to the park to chase a ball youve got to take them out and let them kill tthings it in their blood

lurcherboy said:
ALEC01 said:
we,ll mate its good to find someone the same as me i thought i was a weirdo now adays everyone is an anti and just take their lurchers to the park to chase a ball youve got to take them out and let them kill tthings it in their blood

huuuurrrraaaaaaaa.......

:x :x sorry too vivid for me

Welcome to K9 though :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just wondered if your dog is to hard mouthed on rabbits.Its just that my friends lurcher, now kills foxes (Very quickly) but seems to be very hard mouthed on white tails now.

Welcome to K9, LurcherBoy

Mike

ps.Really looking forward to the next season, and getting the dogs out on some first class hunting trips.(Rabbits only)

Foxes in Herefordshire are now being seen in record numbers, with cubs getting spotted in all sort of places both in and out the city.

Hi Mike,

all the pure bred deerhounds Ive kept over the years killed foxes, easily, but till the day each of them died or could hunt any longer, they brough back rabbits alive to hand.

Most of my lurchers too were fox takers, and none of them were what I would class as hard mouthed, it probably could cause this in some dogs, but I dont think its a finite rule...

Not a lurcher , but how about this for a `kill` at just 4 weeks :oops:

BTW Love the `merle , :wub: any chance of a full picture of it ?

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back