The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

My American Bully got Spayed

Mia De La Hoz

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi! We are from Colombia and I have a wyear and 4 months old American Bully that just got spayed. She is in perfect health conditions, behaving like if nothing has happened. But I have an issue with her scar and it's seems to be huge the stitches to me. The vet told us he did those stitches because she is a very strong dog and that was the safest way for him to guarantee that they wouldn't pull out during the recovery.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210824_050933.jpg
    Screenshot_20210824_050933.jpg
    300.2 KB · Views: 136
Hi Mia, and welcome to the forum - I'm sure someone will be along with their thoughts soon (my dog is a boy so I've no experience of this). One question - how long after the op was that photo taken?

Hi and welcome

I wouldn't worry about her scar, it looks very good and the vet was making sure of it security because of her size/breed so that is sensible. Her scars heal very quickly and in a few weeks you will see her skin will be knitted together very well and any 'bumps' will soften

Hi and welcome

hoping she makes a speedy recovery

I have this to go through yet, but if I remember rightly with my last female after being spayed, it felt like forever (in my head) for her to get better (as in stitches out etc) when in fact it was just over a week but it felt a long week trying to keep her quiet to heal inside and out

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back