The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

My dog has ckd and now refuses to eat renal food

stefanm89

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Dear all,

My dog was diagnosed with Chronic Kidney Disorder almost a year ago. Since then, I've been giving him Royal Canin Renal food and Ipakitine powder. Everything was normal until couple weeks ago when his left side of the face swollen, but we've treated that as well. Now, he refuses to eat the food, but he would eat anything else I give him. He didn't eat for a day, and he still doesn't want to eat it. Any advice on what should I do?

Regards,
Stefan

I am currently facing the same situation and have been doing a lot of reading about diet etc. Some of the books about home feeding for dogs( from Amazon ) have recipes suitable for kidney disease.

It seems daunting at first, but I think it's possible to find out enough information to have a go at getting it right. Your vet might be able to help,but a lot of them really can't see past the kibble. Maybe if they'd struggled to feed their own dog with the stuff they'd be able to offer more help. There is a Yahoo group for dogs with kidney disease as well. I'm sure if you joined they'd be able to help.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back