The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

My dog's Christmas present to me...lovely!

Jack-Russell-Lover

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I decided to take Roxy for a nice run around the field - (the school field which is of course no dogs allowed but really as long as I clean up after her and there are no kids around why not? Nice and quiet, no other dogs, she can run free off-lead.... absolutely perfect!) - on Christmas Eve since I wasn't sure if I'd have time to take her out the next day with travelling between family's houses and look what happened.....
IMG_20181224_154132.jpg

And she'd already had her Christmas bath!...all over her Christmas bandana too! .. straight in the bath when we got home and she was nice and fresh for Christmas though! And her bandana and collar cleaned up well, that's dogs for you, she enjoyed herself and that's what I love to see :) ....she's even got a cheeky little smirk on her face! The cheek of it! Hahaha
Anyone else have to do a last minute Christmas Eve bath?

Last edited:
She looks so pleased with herself!

It would be a braver person than me who tried to get Jasper in a bath but thankfully, though he does rub himself in mud/earth on occasion, he doesn't do it in stinky stuff.

Oh my gosh you're so lucky!
If rox finds fox poo she will roll in that fox poo, any chance she gets!

We don't have a bath just a shower, but we do have a big kitchen sink which is a perfect fit for him

My terrier did exactly the same thing this morning :mad: I was not best pleased ! Nor was she when she had to have a bath :D it was all in the collar and had a job putting the lead back on without getting covered in fox poo ! Bless her :p

Roxy looks really pleased with herself lol I'm lucky my boy's avoid mud and water so they don't get a bath too often :)

My terrier did exactly the same thing this morning :mad: I was not best pleased ! Nor was she when she had to have a bath :D it was all in the collar and had a job putting the lead back on without getting covered in fox poo ! Bless her :p

Ewwww gross haha! I had a job getting her lead on too, still got it on my hand! ....and we had to travel back home in the car so that was a smelly drive! Luckily she didn't rub herself all over the back seats

@Whippylove awww, that's whippets for you, they're chickens aren't they? Don't they get smelly after a while? I guess they have short coats...if Rox doesn't get bathed regularly she gets smelly!

Karma tried to bite me in the bum after saying that Jasper never rolls in stinky stuff, but got OH instead - yesterday Jasper was tucking into something apparently yummy, and next to the apparently yummy thing OH spotted what looked like used loo paper... His muzzle and the short 'grab handle' lead he wears when offlead needed a thorough wash when he got home:confused:

Jasper's a Teflon dog - he never has a bath, but still smells lovely and as fresh as a daisy:) Even if he has a wallow in stagnant mud he smells fine once it's all dropped off.

@jack -Russell-Lover mine still get a shower 1-2 times a year, but no I can't say they smell, only when they roll in poo! Lol

:eek:
Karma tried to bite me in the bum after saying that Jasper never rolls in stinky stuff, but got OH instead - yesterday Jasper was tucking into something apparently yummy, and next to the apparently yummy thing OH spotted what looked like used loo paper... His muzzle and the short 'grab handle' lead he wears when offlead needed a thorough wash when he got home:confused:

Jasper's a Teflon dog - he never has a bath, but still smells lovely and as fresh as a daisy:) Even if he has a wallow in stagnant mud he smells fine once it's all dropped off.

:eek:that made me gag Judy knowing what it probably was :D

Ewwww gross! :O
That's so low maintenance haha, Rox gets a bath at least once every 4 weeks which seems to help her allergies and her smellyness! I don't mind doing it though, I am a groomer after all! :D

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back