The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

My First Lurcher

bunny

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
:- "

:oops:

sorrry new to this just got my first rescue lurcher he,s an old boy 10yrs dark brindle very affectionate

Last edited by a moderator:
welcome to K9 any photos we like lots of them on here (w00t)

pepa said:
welcome to K9 any photos we like lots of them on here (w00t)

not at the mo but will take some soon and let you all see them,he.s very laid back and luckily does.nt mind cats, good job my mum has two ive had him 8 wks now and has settled in really well

bunny said:
:- " :oops:

sorrry new to this just got my first rescue lurcher he,s an old boy 10yrs dark brindle very affectionate

Hi,

Welcome to k9.Good on you for rescueing an older dog.We have a whippet cross,a lurcher,and have just rescued a 6 year old Greyhound.Look forward to your piccies.

Amandax :thumbsup:

finleyfoofoo said:
bunny said:

Hi,

Welcome to k9.Good on you for rescueing an older dog.We have a whippet cross,a lurcher,and have just rescued a 6 year old Greyhound.Look forward to your piccies.

Lurchers tend to be very laid-back affectionate dogs around the house, so I bet he'll settle in just fine :thumbsup:

The main problems people have with rescue lurchers is that they often have a strong chase instinct and rubbish recall, so you'll have to take care letting him offlead at first.

Great that you've given a home to an older dog, I hope you have loads of fun with him :luck:

bunny said:
bunny said:
finleyfoofoo said:
bunny said:

Hi,

get some done as soon as poss

well i think ive been lucky then so far every time i call him he come`s back i`d only had him a week and let him of the lead and had no problems

good luck with your dog :luck: wait while he finds his feet and gets his bearings see if his recalls as good then :lol: hope im wrong :thumbsup: :cheers:

Welcome to the site and good luck with him! Hope he gives you some enjoyable and fun years to come! :) When he settles in a bit, you could try taking him for a walk and having him on a long leash so as if you are trying a hand at the recall, he won't run off on you if his curiosity gets the better of him. Beware of people jogging, Ruby chases after some people running, just to play, but the joggers get annoyed sometimes. :oops:

Last edited by a moderator:
hey welcome, this is your first lurcher and it will not be your last!!

once youve had, one youll always want one .

they are very addictive, affectionate and definately change your life for the better.

congrats for homing him and good luck :cheers:

Hello Bunny! it sounds like you landed omn your feet with this dog, you must have clicked, Ten years aint old, my ten yearold Bitch Topaz still walks up mountains with me, and can still catch what she can, and may, and most of what she shouldn't

Hello Bunny! it sounds like you landed omn your feet with this dog, you must have clicked, Ten years aint old, my ten yearold Bitch Topaz still walks up mountains with me, and can still catch what she can, and may, and most of what she shouldn't

thanks everyone for your replys, will get some pic,s done soon i promise, but my dad is very ill at the moment, and ive been spending a lot of time with him

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back