The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

My Name Is Poppy ,here Is My Story

nicky12

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
My Name Is Poppy ,Here Is My Story

March 27th 2008

Hello my name is poppy ,and here is my story .......

a knock on the door woke me up ,i run and hide under the table ,i hear lots of voices two i know 2 i dont im feeling very scared now ,i hear my name being called gemma ...gemma come here ,thats my owner calling her voice does not reashure me ,i crawl out very slowly to see whats going on thats wen i see her for the very first time ,she gets on her knees ,her voice sound so gentle i crawl over to her and give her a sniff, she smoothes and kisses me and says hello your coming with us.i get so excieted i wee on the floor and worried il get smacked i run and hide under the table ,then all of sudden i get picked ,i feel very scared agian as strange boy is holding me now and we go outside we get in this thing they call a car and drive away ,its quiet a long jurney we go on tonight but then we stop im so scared .

we go into a strange house ,the lady says shes my new mammy now and this is my new house ,she says il have a new name to ,im now called poppy ,i sit ther shaking not shure what to do ,then all of a sudden they come rushing throu ,from what iv heard one is called tia one is blue one is called ollie ,thers 4 humans to one thats called mum the one thats called dad the one thats called jamie and one thats called mad .

my first night is scarey ,so many new noises and thing to take in my mum keeps on cuddling me close ,she says everything is alright and nobody will hurt you again so no need be scared anymore ,she takes me to bed im to scared to sleep what if a monster gets me in my sleep ,

i had a restless night my mum was very patient ,its morning now and mum says wer of to the vets ,mum not best pleased wen we get home from the place they call the vets she breaks down in tears and tells me how very sorry she is that iv had this past life .

mum say my old owners need shooting .....but im safe now and shel make everything allright .

P1010007-5-1.jpg

she sits me on her lap and talks to me quietly ,she says never again will i feel fear ,never again will i have any babies ,never again will i feel any pain ,never again will i feel hunger ,never again will i feel cold ,never again will i be shouted at or be scould ,she tells me so gentle and in a loving way i start to relax on that very day something tells me im hear to stay ,over the next few days im so spoilt my food bowl is full and i have new friends who like to play with me and cuddle me so much ,i get bit just now and then wen people are shouting ,but then i turn and see its not at me a smile comes to my face and i feel all warm .

its nice and warm today and mum says i need to explore so she opens the door, wow we have a big garden so to mooch .

P1010036-2-1.jpg

iv been here 5days now and all is so well my mum made me sumthing called a coat today and says wer off for our first walk ,we get in the car all 5 of us and go up the road ,wen we get out i see so many new things im so exicted ,i sniff and play i love this new place , my new mum says im cheeky i dont know what she means but she say it with so much love it puts me at ease .

P1010010-13-1.jpg

today my mum is sad she crys alot she say lots of people of here have made it possible for me to stay with her and she taking me to the vets so i dont have to have anymore babies ,but shes so scared ,of we set just me and her she crys all the way ,i lick her to say all is well dont be sad mum .wen i come round im all scared then i hear her voice im all well my mum picks me up im so relieved i feel a bit sore but they say that will ease ,a few days pass and they were right now i feel ready for a little play fight ....

P1010019-18.jpg

im so lucky my mum spoils me so she says iv got years of prezzys to catch up on iv been made so many coats and jumpers and collars to, i feel like a princess and very happy to, each day i feel better no need to hide no need to cower ,my mum say im gorguse and will never be smacked so no need to feel scared ,i test her words by peeing on her carpet few hundred time but no matter how big the puddle am really supprised apart from a look and a cheeky replie i stop doing this as thers no need, she will not break her promise so i feel at ease.

its been 26 weeks since i first arrived and boy wat a life im having im no longer scared or hungry or tired ,i live like a queen ,i love my new mum and dad ,my brothers and sisters alike ,they give me so much i now feel content and feel im alive ,my mum bought me some prezzys the other day she says ther for my birthday ,im so lucky iv never had any prezzys before in my life ,if i could speak id shurley say i love my mum and my new life today

i would like to thank all on k9 for your help and support as mum says without that we be in a mess .

im now happy and care free and living life to the full and its all because people like you and my mum gave me a new life so id like to say thank you k9 ...................

im no longer scared im cheeky i know but i love you all so herer how my story goes im spoilt and im loved by so many so far my past life behind me ,im one of the lucky ones iv been told ,thank you for reading my story so far its by no means the end .........as im shure my mum will continue to share my story with you all

love poppy ,below are some pics of im shure youl all agree i am a princess like iv been told .xx

P1010075-1.jpg

P1010038-14.jpg

P1010007-22.jpg

Nicky, that is such a lovely, heartwarming story about Poppy. :wub: :huggles: :wub: Brought tears to my eyes.

She deserved so much better than she had in the first part of her life. :( She is so lucky she found you to spend the rest of her life with, and she now has all that love and care. :huggles: :huggles: She really is a little Princess who has found her Palace. o:) o:)

Last edited by a moderator:
lovely nicky

poppy is one lucky girl

thanks for sharing

nice to see happy endings :huggles: :huggles:

OH nICKY, THAT IS SOOO LOVELY !

GREAT TO SEE A HAPPY ENDING, iF ONLY YOU HAD A MILLION £ AND A HUGE HOUSE TO RESCUE MORE OF THE SAME :D i'M SURE i'D DO THE SAME TOO.

tHAT MADE ME CRY......KEEP UP WITH THE STORY. POPPY IS ONE VERY LUCKY GIRL AND DESERVES ALL THE BEST :huggles: :huggles: :huggles: :wub: :thumbsup:

Brought tears to my eyes as well. She is such a lucky little lady to have found you and I 'm sure she will know it :huggles: She is gorgeous :wub:

so pleased it worked out for you all , fantastic story :huggles:

thats so lovely it made it water come out of my eyes :b

So pleased she now has a forever home , bless her :wub: and you of course

:wub: :wub: the tears are all over my pc what a super ending to cruel beginning

and she does look very happy with you and your family she will hae a long and happy life with you :wub: :wub:

:huggles: You made me cry but in a good way :( :wub: thats sooo nice, poppy your very lucky to have a mum like nicky :huggles:

What a lovely story. I'd tears in my eyes to. I'm so glad your happy Poppy. Enjoy every day. :cheers:

What a lovely story Nicky. So nice to hear happy endings for dogs who started their life like that - a 'happy ever after' for Poppy. :) :))

what a lucky girl she is too :wub: oh and you are all lucky to have such a lovely girl in your life too :huggles:

What a lovely story with a wonderful happy ending for Poppy. She is so happy now after her sad life, what a difference you have made Nicky, well done. :)

That is so beautiful :huggles: :huggles: :huggles: :huggles: :huggles:

Poppy's story is so sad but also such a happy story on how things have turned around for her. Poor little thing had such a horrible life before she came to live with you, the change in her is evident from all the pictures you have posted of her. She seems such a character now and looks like she has been with you and your family all her life. Lots of :huggles: to you and Poppy

How anybody could abuse a dog is unimaginable!

I am so glad that Poppy ahs found a loving home and i hope she has many happy years with you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Aww and a lovely happy ending too...well done Nicky... :cheers:

Oh nicky what a wonderful story.. just look at Poppy, what she was and now how she is... she is such a gorgeous girl and that one at the end of her in her jumper, made me smile :D

:huggles:

Luv ya, Nicky :huggles: :huggles:

........ and lots of cuddles and kisses for Poppy :* :* :* :* :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

:wub: :huggles: poppy's so lucky to have you as her owner :wub: :huggles:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back