The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

My rescue story

Street dog shelter

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
post about your rescue stories in this thread and mine is

yes this is my rescue story and the story of the origin of SDS
4 months before i had met a street dog who's legs got paralyzed due to a car accident his innocent face made me to fall for him decided to be with him after showering up with his love i had decided to take care these lovable beings and used to save them from abuse thus along with some dog lovers from my locality i had started the "SDS"
sds4.jpg

Bless him! Our Rescue Story
Olive was dumped on the sandy streets of Spain. I was in the vets with a friend and i saw a picture poster of Olive and i absolutely adored her from the moment i saw her. So i rang the rescue and i had worked for them short-term and they were lovely with me, let me see Olive as soon as i rang as i was free that day, they also did a questionare and all when tip top. I travelled back to the UK on the ferry she was fine. Then discovered properly that she was pregnant:eek:. That was a shock...

My dog Gemma was 3 months old when we got her, i was a teenager and my dad brought her home, she was thin and full of fleas, she had been living on doggy chews despite having tiny teeth, i remember the first day we got her we washed her in flea shampoo, then dried her, she was shivering and hungry, we fed her small amounts of puppy food at intervals, she started to gain confidence and her cheeky personality shone through, we became inseparable and when i left the family home and got my own place she came with me:). She still stayed at mums while i was at uni, then came back to me. She was one of the family, she was included in most of our trips and holidays, but if she couldn't come with us she had a babysitter. She collapsed a week ago, i was there and knew she was dying, she died in my arms after 14 glorious years together. I plan to get another dog when the time is right, Gemma would want me to give another dog a chance like we gave her.

My dog Gemma was 3 months old when we got her, i was a teenager and my dad brought her home, she was thin and full of fleas, she had been living on doggy chews despite having tiny teeth, i remember the first day we got her we washed her in flea shampoo, then dried her, she was shivering and hungry, we fed her small amounts of puppy food at intervals, she started to gain confidence and her cheeky personality shone through, we became inseparable and when i left the family home and got my own place she came with me:). She still stayed at mums while i was at uni, then came back to me. She was one of the family, she was included in most of our trips and holidays, but if she couldn't come with us she had a babysitter. She collapsed a week ago, i was there and knew she was dying, she died in my arms after 14 glorious years together. I plan to get another dog when the time is right, Gemma would want me to give another dog a chance like we gave her.
RIP Gemma... Yes I'm sure she would :)

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back